IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dealer Wants Car Back After They Sold It
Steve Lehto

1709577776241.png

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a gun from a dealer years ago. A Marlin 45/70 pre Remington. It was his personal rifle, sent out out to Wild West Guns and had them build it. It was a sweet rifle, a great price so I had to own it.

Several years after I bought it I got a phone call from a number I didn’t know, I just happened to answer it. It was this dealer who went out of business years prior. He said he saved my number because he knew the minute I walked out the door that he would regret selling that rifle, and he wanted to know what it would take to get it back.
He kept bugging me for about a year on and off and we finally decided to meet up. At that point I never really shot the rifle anymore, and it just sat in my safe. We met and he asked what I was interested in for a price or trade, at that point I was into 1911’s. He had a pretty good stash of them.
I ended up making a trade with him. Ended up with a very nice 1911, which I I didn’t need. Turned around and sold that and made off pretty well.

I‘m a firm believer in never selling a firearm. I’ve only ever sold 3. That Marlin, the 1911 which I traded the Marlin for, and something else down the road.
I do regret selling that Marlin, it was pretty sweet, but it served me no practical purpose and ended up being a shelf queen. I feel I ended up on the good side of the deal, made good money, so I suppose it was a win.
I still want a lever gun some day though.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a gun from a dealer years ago. A Marlin 45/70 pre Remington. It was his personal rifle, sent out out to Wild West Guns and had them build it. It was a sweet rifle, a great price so I had to own it.
I have my late dad's Marlin model # 336 rifle .30-30 Win. I recall he won it in a raffle where he worked, Delta Airlines in Hapeville/Atlanta. I'd guess it was about 1965. His raffle ticket cost him $5, IIRC. :cool:

A few white tail met their demise up until about 1988 because of it.

Dads-Marlin 336 30-30_med.jpg

Reaction score
Dealer Wants Car Back After They Sold It
Steve Lehto

View attachment 188466
I watched his video on why you should NEVER buy an RV (at least from Camping World). Someone dropped 100k on one, it literally died 2 weeks later, and nobody will do anything and the buyer has absolutely NO legal remedy to the problem. The Camping World disclaimer is insane, and forces you to give up all rights!