Decent 2MP (or higher) Wireless Cam for outdoor, with excellent night vision?

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this exist? Back when built my Blue Iris system, the conventional wisdom was “avoid wireless cams”. Is this still the case?

I have a need to temporarily mount a cam outdoors (viewing raccoons at night), and it would be far more convenient if it were wireless. (It’ll be within 40ft of my wireless router, so signal strength should not be an issue.)

Any cam recommendations? Or advice in general about the current state of wireless IP cams?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this exist? Back when built my Blue Iris system, the conventional wisdom was “avoid wireless cams”. Is this still the case?

I have a need to temporarily mount a cam outdoors (viewing raccoons at night), and it would be far more convenient if it were wireless. (It’ll be within 40ft of my wireless router, so signal strength should not be an issue.)

Any cam recommendations? Or advice in general about the current state of wireless IP cams?

Thanks!
always avoid wireless for surveillance cams. For a raccoon, it will be fine. any camera can be made wireless with a 10 dollar wireless bridge or use powerline adapters.