Decoder Setting Hikvision iVMS-4200

rbskit

n3wb
Reaction score
I work for an IT company but we do not really deal with camera systems. One of our clients has a camera system that uses a Hikvision iVMS-4200. When viewing the cameras and playback on a computer, it hogs all of the PC's CPU. I have seen this in the past with another client that has the same system. There was a setting that allowed you to change the decoding process from the local system to the NVR itself. I noted what I did when I discovered that, but for some reason I did not note how I did it. Can anyone help me out here? I remember it was a simple drop down box.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a setting that allowed you to change the decoding process from the local system to the NVR itself. I noted what I did when I discovered that, but for some reason I did not note how I did it.
Guessing a bit (a lot) here, as I rarely use iVMS-4200, despite the big improvements that have been made.
Not a transfer of decoding to the NVR, but a local GPU change - maybe Maintenance and Management | System configuration | Image | Hardware decoding preferred.

rbskit

n3wb
Reaction score
Guessing a bit (a lot) here, as I rarely use iVMS-4200, despite the big improvements that have been made.
Not a transfer of decoding to the NVR, but a local GPU change - maybe Maintenance and Management | System configuration | Image | Hardware decoding preferred.
I think that did it. Thanks a lot!