Dedicated graphics card for Deepstack or not?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, banana works LOL. It is working as intended and now I get alert clips I can look at that show the vehicles in the middle of the night instead of headlight shine, so I can quickly see if it is a neighborhood car or not!

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The driver is specific to the card so there is no magic bullet there. I'm using a GTX970 and have very good results with the latest driver from NVidia. YMMV.

As the bit rate goes up, so goes CPU utilization. Even if you're using sub streams each camera added increase the bit rate and the CPU utilization. No way to avoid that. The latest versions of BI also seem to be increasing CPU ever so slightly, but I can't be sure yet.
I have found quite a few 970's for sale here.
What kind of speed are you achieving for each analysis on deepstack with the 970? Mode high?

benchmark specs for the 970 vs 1050 are quite impressive.

Thanks

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking at the specs for the T600 is is not very high in the cuda core count, 640 cores, department. Just a guess, based on my own experience, but over 1000 cuda cores are needed for good performance. The gtx970 I'm using has 1664 cuda cores and detection times are in the 50-250ms range.
ah just what I was looking for.

Considering a used 970 now. So you can get 50ms-250ms on the 970?
What settings? substream/bitrate?
Benchmark seems much better than a 1050. A lot of cores.
Does the 970 need an extra power supply, 6/8 pin or just from the motherboard 16pin rail?

Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Pentagano Answered in the other thread except the 970 does need a six pin power connection directly from the power supply. The power draw under heavy loading can be over 150 watts which the PCIe buss can't supply.

Last edited: