Dedicated graphics card for Deepstack or not?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It happens very quickly, as in under a second, so it probably won't even show on that graph. Python takes a little time to load and unload so it does show on the CPU.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know the DS developers ever considered using both CPU and GPU to distribute and process in parallel multiple requests?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello klee, thank you for your replies. But now I’m confused.

Your Blue Iris Status result is very similar to the ones I get when “Use main stream if available” is checked. It only shows the base level of three images having been analysed. I would therefore assume that the additional six real time images that you require to be analysed have been ignored and not analysed.

You will find that if you uncheck “Use main stream if available“, it will then correctly analyse all nine images. Please try it.

Take a look at the checked/unchecked comparisons I showed early on in this thread.

Am I missing a key point or is there a bug in BI’s software?

PS I get lots of errors of the animal/bird description but I’m OK with that
So I have been busy with other things, and now back playing with DeepStack again.

I have a camera where I am just trying to capture a car on the road and during the day it works great, but at night most of the time the headlight shine causes it to bug out and say nothing found.

I have it set to analyze an additional 15 frames one second apart. As you can see, none of my clips are over 15 seconds, so one would conclude that it should have ran all 15 thru?

I have tried with use main stream checked and unchecked and no difference.

1633520902028.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep, that is the dark model as seen by the capital C in Car

It is just strange because some of those clips are under 10 seconds, yet I have enough additional photos being sent for a longer period than the clip and I have tried 1 second and all the ms under 1 second and still same results.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep, that is the dark model as seen by the capital C in Car

It is just strange because some of those clips are under 10 seconds, yet I have enough additional photos being sent for a longer period than the clip and I have tried 1 second and all the ms under 1 second and still same results.
Are you saving DeepStack analysis details, if so check what images are being analysed

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet, let me set that up.

In an older version (5.4.6.x something), I would get the blue border around the image that DS was analyzing but that is gone now - does anyone else still get that?

I have been on the latest stable for the past few days, but just updated to the latest to see if it is back or any improvement, but no blue border and too early to know about an improvement. But not a fan of the new camera layout LOL.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can fix the layout, just be ready fora long tedious process that includes "what the heck did that} moments. I spent almost a day at it in multiple attempts to get it the way I really want it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No not that blue box, the blue border around the entire frame used to turn blue for the image that DS analyzed as mentioned in the help file:

With dual-streaming and direct to disc enabled, main stream frames that are sent through
DeepStack when the camera is triggered are flagged in the BVR file. As these are played in
the viewer with the Analyze with DeepStack option enabled, the image border will be
shown in blue, allowing you to identify precisely which frames were used for the alert

An example is shown on this post:

I had it in an earlier version but now it is gone.

Last edited:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No not that blue box, the blue border around the entire frame used to turn blue for the image that DS analyzed as mentioned in the help file:

With dual-streaming and direct to disc enabled, main stream frames that are sent through
DeepStack when the camera is triggered are flagged in the BVR file. As these are played in
the viewer with the Analyze with DeepStack option enabled, the image border will be
shown in blue, allowing you to identify precisely which frames were used for the alert

An example is shown on this post:

I had it in an earlier version but now it is gone.
wittaj, if you still haven’t tried Blue Iris Status/Deepstack yet you really must! Presumably, the previous blue border method was removed when this was introduced. It’s very good, you can select each individual image that was used for analysis plus it’s result. They don’t need to be key frames and the one used to confirm or cancel has an asterisk.

I have an outstanding query with BI support regarding this. Sam replied but I didn’t understand his reply and I have asked for clarification.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been playing with that as well and need to spend more time trying to figure out what it all means. The blue border was easy to follow/see.

I opened up the Status on one of the motions that said nothing found, yet it shows vehicle and what not. Maybe I will post a screenshot and you can tell me where I am overthinking or missing what it says!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For example, here is the Status/DS that clearly shows a car was found, yet in the 10 second alert clip it says nothing found and I had it set to send 15 additional frames.

1633545989811.png

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Examples from me at the start of this thread and one later on from kklee
Something wrong here! Try unchecking “Use main stream if available” for the next trigger. Also the motion is not highlighted. Also the asterisk is missing. I’d say your CPU hit its 100% end stop? But as you know, I’m not an expert.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks @Dave Lonsdale . I'll have to tinker with that. I just updated to the new version of DS and, while it's still very early in terms of use, it does seem to detect better at least during the day.