Dedicated License Plate Cam project

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Refresh the screen I put a plate at about 40-45' from the camera, shrunk it to 640x480. You should be able to take that picture and try it with OpenALPR and see how well it does. Let me know if you want the full sized image in 3MP.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll take a snapshot tonight against the plate. After that, the camera will being doing duty at keeping an eye on our boat as now half the field of view is trees, so I'll see more boat, less trees.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the night shots;

This one is at the normal 1/30th/sec exposure, gain 100 the camera defaults too. Same shot, plate about 45' from camera, same 640x480 resolution

This is with the exposure set to 1/200th/sec, gain set to 75.

Should have lenses available in a week or so.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm curious also on how it's gojng. To bad you can't just put two cameras near street and log all the license plates. Lol

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I was looking at how I could use openalpr wth blue iris or directly from the huisun ptz feed. I'm no c++ programmer though :-/. Has anyone made any progress ?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the free version of ANPR?

http://www.videoanalitika.lt/en/index.html

Quick install guide here-
It's for an older version of the software but it's not that hard to figure out the changes and adapt to the new version.

I haven't done too much with it but I tried out the demo and had it reading plates in my driveway with no troubles.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am thinking of picking up a 2CD2032 or the equivalent rebranded version, but am wondering where I can purchase a 12mm or other lens option. The link referenced earlier in this thread lists a 25mm, but I did not see any other options. Where are folks picking up the different lens sizes?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you need a 12 millimeter just buy a 2032 with a 12 millimeter lens. Otherwise, look at eBay, m12 lenses.com, Aliexpress, Wrightwood for 25mm.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you need a 12 millimeter just buy a 2032 with a 12 millimeter lens. Otherwise, look at eBay, m12 lenses.com, Aliexpress, Wrightwood for 25mm.
I am having a hard time finding a US version with a 12mm lens (they all seem to be 4mm), which is why I'm thinking of just changing out the lens myself. The one 12mm I did find on Amazon was a hacked version and almost 2x the price of what I can pick up a 4mm version at.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I hear ya. I just checked Wrightwood and they've got the 12mm version listed at $185 and "special order". I don't remember ever seeing Nelly's have the 12mm version. Wrightwood's got the 25mm lenses in stock here if that's not too much zoom.

Here's a 12mm M12 lens for a 1/3" sensor camera. Not sure if it's a perfect match to a 2032 but it'll probably work. Email them and they might have experience fitting it to that camera.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a US version with a 12mm lens (they all seem to be 4mm), which is why I'm thinking of just changing out the lens myself. The one 12mm I did find on Amazon was a hacked version and almost 2x the price of what I can pick up a 4mm version at.
I have a US 12mm 2032 that I special ordered through Tri-ED in Oct 2014. I used it for a little over a year until I replaced it with a Huisun PTZ. I would consider selling for a reasonable price - send me a PM if your interested

I still have the box also
12mm.jpg

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Git, thanks for the offer, but I already pulled the trigger and have a 4mm one on the way.

Does anyone know what the distance is from the sensor to the top of the lens mount? I emailed M12lenses and that is the measurement they would need to determine which of their lenses would fit.

I used my 35mm camera with a zoom lens and converted the focal length to a 1/3" sensor. It looks like I may need a lens somewhere in the range of 12-16mm. The point I'm aiming the camera is approximately 20'-30' away.

GBot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I have a 25mm lens on the way from Wrightwood. Hopefully I will have time to play around with it soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk