Deep IVS, am I missing something for auto tracking?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK. Just to mess up all my settings (only kidding, I don't mind trying to help somebody here), I've Factory defaulted my SD49225XA-HNR cam, and started over.
So here is Exactly what I did and Auto-Tracking worked for me. So for you too, I hope :)
(this cam is POE to NVR if it makes any difference ?) But ALL settings were made directly on camera web browser.
Oh, and just in case I miss it somewhere, Don't forget to SAVE each bit.

I'm writing it EXACTLY how it worked for me, and in the exact order I did it. just in case it's something silly overlooked, so I'm not trying to be a Smarty Pants, Just trying to Help.

1. Agree to terms.
2. Uncheck P2P.
3. Uncheck Auto-Updates
4. Select Region, For me UK Pal.
5. Log in.
6. Settings- Network- Bonjour, Uncheck - save.
7. PTZ - Function, Move cam to desired position - Add - Double Click name, change to what you want(for me "Home") - save - save (notice how pre-set Title is in grey)
8. Event - Smart Plan, Add plan "Home" IVS (Light Bulb) - save
View attachment 49416
9. Go Back and check, PTZ - Function - Pre-set 1 now Green.
View attachment 49417
10. Deep IVS - Add, I have appear & cross checked, Intrusion,- Draw rule - save.
View attachment 49418
11. Deep IVS - Draw target - Min, Draw min - Max ,Draw max - Uncheck Motor Vehicle, non- motor vehicle - save.
View attachment 49420
12. Live View - Test - works for me, and hopefully for you too :)

13. Storage - Schedule, All for All -save -save
View attachment 49421 View attachment 49422

14. System - Safety - System service, for me uncheck Onvif (I don't need it), make sure push enabled - save.
View attachment 49423

I do make adjustments to Camera conditions,Profile, enable Smart IR etc,etc. But I don't want to bore you too much:banghead:
I normally re- Boot My NVR after any big changes Also, ( Extra Note, I have noticed on my NVR that After Re-Boot P2P is some times enabled, so have to un-check and save.)
Hope This Helps :).
NewPassword.jpgAcceptTerms.jpgDisableP2P.jpgUKPAL.jpgBonjourDisable.jpgEnableSmartPlan.jpgPTZGreen.jpgIVSRule.jpgLiveView.jpgRecordSchedule.jpgDisableOnvif.jpg

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry my post wouldn't post with text and images loaded for some reason. See below text that was supposed to go with above post.

First of all thank you much for the effort you have put into this. @EMPIRETECANDY , this is not looking like a setting issue. What do you think? See the video at the end. Notice that no boxes are being drawn around motion like in my 5231. This is not that hard to setup, this is not a setting. Something is not right with this camera whether it is firmware or something physical, something is not right here.

.5 Set up new password

1. Agree to terms

2. Disable P2P

3. Disable Auto updates - I think I forgot the screenshot for this one but I did do this step.

4. Select Region - I went with UK Pal to test.

5. Log In - No screenshot taken

6. Disable Bonjour

7. Create Home Preset - did not take screenshot.

8. Smart Plan Enabled

9. Verify Preset1 is green

10 and 11. Create IVS rule. I did not uncheck motor vehicle and non-motor vehicle. I missed this part but I have done so before with the same results.

12. Live View

13. Storage Schedule

14. Disable Ovnif

Here is the result. Sorry for the long video, most motion starts at around 2:30 and after but a guy did ride by on his bike before. I have rebooted multiple times also.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, I noticed if I move camera view, and don't call it back to pre-set 1, then Auto-tracking won't work.
Yes I usually set mine to return to the designated tracking preset after a certain amount of time incase someone moves and doesnt return it.

Mike77.

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the detailed instructions. I followed your steps exactly and auto tracking worked for me...during the day. The tracking doesn't work for me at night with the ir light on. Anyone else have problems with this? Is there some setting that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the detailed instructions. I followed your steps exactly and auto tracking worked for me...during the day. The tracking doesn't work for me at night with the ir light on. Anyone else have problems with this? Is there some setting that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike
Tracking with ir isnt great here.. if you had more night light than I do and force full color might have more luck.. I'm in a very dark area

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wohoo!!! Just got my replacement cam from Andy this afternoon. I think I broke the old cam with a firmware update. D'oh! I just wanted to point out that Andy had been awesome with his service as always, so if you are on the edge I would go for it!

I opted to delay my dinner until I installed this PTZ and auto tracking is working right out of the box. It is 3/3 as far as my quick test.

So definitely not the best quality photos and video but just wanted to share an example. I will post some better pics/vids after I get some food and rest but I am impressed already!

Video is a little washed out from the IR but this more than does the job, plus I am sure the settings can still be tweaked a lot. I haven't even tried out forced color mode yet.
View attachment 51802View attachment 51803View attachment 51804View attachment 51805

Last edited:

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Steveee @Philip Gonzales
Thanks for writing up all your settings! I just installed a 49225 yesterday and was having problems with the tracking to work. I started from scratch and did all your settings, and it works!

Is it possible to have the camera pan side to side (trying to capture more area), and then if it detects motion the it will track it? I have my camera above the front door, and it seems like its almost zoomed in too far (but i cant zoom out any more)
1577470481376.png

Here's what the camera sees (i wish it would see more side to side):
1577470612688.png

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm finding that my tracking is inconsistent. On the cameras GUI it shows the red car in a box along with my blue boundary. I tried walking infront of the car and it doesn't track me.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it possible to have the camera pan side to side (trying to capture more area), and then if it detects motion the it will track it?
You can set the camera to pan, but I don't think auto-tracking using IVS rules then work. I haven't had a chance to try that yet, I'm too busy at work at the moment.
I have my camera positioned to the side, viewing across my front garden. I find this gives me a better view, and I think IVS rules work better (for me anyway).
I would advise moving the camera to the side. Test before drilling any holes!
Auto-Tracking as mentioned before is not perfect, but does work quite well (for me), try adjustments in settings.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that was my house I would mount a fixed cam with a wider angle in current position for an over view, and move the ptz over the garage door, to the right-hand side. High enough to avoid it being vandalised, but low enough to try and get faces.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can set the camera to pan, but I don't think auto-tracking using IVS rules then work. I haven't had a chance to try that yet, I'm too busy at work at the moment.
I have my camera positioned to the side, viewing across my front garden. I find this gives me a better view, and I think IVS rules work better (for me anyway).
I would advise moving the camera to the side. Test before drilling any holes!
Auto-Tracking as mentioned before is not perfect, but does work quite well (for me), try adjustments in settings.
If that was my house I would mount a fixed cam with a wider angle in current position for an over view, and move the ptz over the garage door, to the right-hand side. High enough to avoid it being vandalised, but low enough to try and get faces.
Thanks! I think I'm going to look into moving the camera to a higher location.....eventually.

I am noticing that even though the camera is tracking people moving in and out of the target area, blue iris isn't picking that up as motion. I just scrolled through yesterday's motion tags (on the mobile app) and it didn't tag any of the events where it tracked people, just motion when the camera was static. Make sense?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi - i am in the same boat - i followed the instructions & I just cant get this thing to do anything with auto tracking. I have a few Dahua auto tracking & the setup isnt that complicated.

Any ideas if its a version issue?

OK, thanks for your reply. I disabled motion detection and set up another preset for Deep IVS and only used a single tripwire rule and still no luck. I may get with Andy to see if it is possibly a firmware issue as I feel everything is setup right and I get absolutely no motion tracking currently.

Attachments

Dianoga

n3wb
Reaction score
@richtj99 I'm having similar problems with the same set of versions. I followed all the steps as closely as I'm able. I can see the rule area in the live view of SmartPSS (but not in Firefox). When I walk in the area the rule area flashes between blue and red but doesn't draw boxes and no auto tracking.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use internet explorer to configure the camera, most other browsers will not work correctly.

Dianoga

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried reconfiguring it with IE11. The boxes did show up on the live view, but no change to behavior otherwise. No auto tracking and flashing blue/red when something is in the rule area.