DeepStack LPR Custom Model

How is the License-Plate model performing fo you?

• Total voters

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 the model works pretty well, but I think we can make it even better with community contributed annotated training material. If you think this is something you are interested in doing, I am willing to do some training set annotation on my captures.
I need images with the current models I can do AI assisted annotation

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just from observing the BI feed, most missed license plates are on white cars. So white car and slim plate bezel gives issues.
On unrelated note BI just acts randomly by not sending images to platerecognizer :idk: .
Deepstack tells that it is a car and there is a plate in the picture, yet some times BI doesn't mark it wit vehicle icon, and not sending picture for analysis.
And other times it works, driving me nuts.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are there any how to instructions to install LPR Custom Models? I can not get night time to grab any plates for ALPR. BI picks it up and records but nothing goes to ALPR.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any how to instructions to install LPR Custom Models? I can not get night time to grab any plates for ALPR. BI picks it up and records but nothing goes to ALPR.
Also did you try some of the settings in the below post

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I created a folder in c drive as DeepStack then added another one to that as MyModels then added license-plate.pt to MyModels. When I click on OK in BI setup i get, could not start,check path.

Attachments

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I created a folder in c drive as DeepStack then added another one to that as MyModels then added license-plate.pt to MyModels. When I click on OK in BI setup i get, could not start,check path.
What folder do you have DeepStack installed in, you should not have to create a DeepStack folder because the default install folder is C:\DeepStack. Also it looks like DeepStack is not running.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could it be that I do not have Deep Stack because I'm on the demo version?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DeepStack works with the demo version.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can not figure out why I do not have the folder. Do I need to delete BI and start all over.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That folder is created where you tell the deepstack .exe file where to create the folder and install the files, so it is probably in your downloads folder.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is deepstack a file that comes with BI or do I have to download it and install?

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, now I have DeepStack. Installed and checked alert files and I see pics and .dat files. I think I am getting closer.