DeepStack Temp files growing / not being deleted in the DeepStack Temp folder

blaskovicz

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone still seeing this error, can I consider it fixed via a DeepStack and Blue Iris update?

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This issue seems to come and go.. I hadn't seen it in a couple of months, but just checked and its back again. Almost a thousand files built up. I'm going to re-enable my scheduled task of purging the folder every 30 mins.

I'm currently running:

Blue Iris 5.5.9.5 x64
Deepstack 2022.01.01

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
One of my blue iris pcs ssd is 100% full.. whats the best solution people have found to delete files. There was nothing in the app data deepstack folder. Must be files somewhere else.. I cant even install software to search out the growing files. Haha. Any suggestions

levian

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who have a Synology, you could run Deepstack (deepquestai/deepstack) in Docker instead of side by side with Blue iris on Windows. That seems to have solved my issue of temp files growing and the occasional Deepstack 100 / -1 Error. Haven't had any problems for the past 2 months so far

(I'm still using Blue Iris v5.4.9.18 if it's of any importance)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my blue iris pcs ssd is 100% full.. whats the best solution people have found to delete files. There was nothing in the app data deepstack folder. Must be files somewhere else.. I cant even install software to search out the growing files. Haha. Any suggestions
Windows explorer.
Look in the Program Data folder, then Blue Iris.

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up moving to codeproject.ai a while back where this temp file problem is no longer an issue.

Reaction score
This has been a VERY annoying problem for me too.
The workaround for me was to delete files in that folder which were older than 10 days.

To do this I just created a scheduled task to run the powershell code below each day from mid-night.
Hopefully this helps someone.

Code:
Get-ChildItem -Path 'C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\DeepStack' -Recurse -Force |

Where-Object {$_.LastWriteTime -lt (Get-Date).AddDays(-10)} |

Remove-Item -Force