DeepStack's Amaizing Eye

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL - the bigger question is did the Faces correctly Identify Lawnboy?

How has your success been with faces?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL - yeah we haven't seen anyone here say they have had good results. One day LOL.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In that same vein, I finally received my new server case and started putting it together. I'm still waiting for two 60MM Noctua fans for the exhaust. One's here and the other got misplaced and will be here later today. Anyway, I tried loading DS for GPU and could not. The file shown in the pic is blocking the install. SebastionTombs told be where to find and delete it. It was in another location and couldn't be deleted because it was in use in another file. Also, I can't delete it because I don't have "permission" in my own pc. Is there a way to COMPLETELY DISABLE permissions? I don't need that on my server or PC.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Stop Deep Stack before you try the delete. If a file is in use by some process, it won't let you pretty much regardless of access rights.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The LawnLady looks much better and will NEVER put on a back pack blower.
By the way, the actual picture is much clearer than what you see here. I took a quick snapshot with my phone. That's why it looks a little grainy. Still, the LawnLady, who does no lawn work, but collects ALL proceeds looks much better.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In that same vein, I finally received my new server case and started putting it together. I'm still waiting for two 60MM Noctua fans for the exhaust. One's here and the other got misplaced and will be here later today. Anyway, I tried loading DS for GPU and could not. The file shown in the pic is blocking the install. SebastionTombs told be where to find and delete it. It was in another location and couldn't be deleted because it was in use in another file. Also, I can't delete it because I don't have "permission" in my own pc. Is there a way to COMPLETELY DISABLE permissions? I don't need that on my server or PC.
So that looks like a 3U rack case, was reading Video Cards that require Power won't work since there is not enough clearance for the case cover. Which case do you have? Wanting to build a Blue Iris rack mounted Server, will also be running GPU version of DeepStack, presently I am running it in desktop case running on a Nvidia 970 card.

I found these I may use on a 3U case, they have 6 and 8 pin connectors:

I presently am using three 8 pin of those type connectors for my 3080 card in a PC case, mainly for aesthetics...

1648505965212.jpeg

Ended up using 90 Connectors on my 24 pin power cable and the USB3 connector. IMO I like it better than all those ribbon cables I see in most builds.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I found this to be an interesting watch in building a server. Clustering is new to me...

Sorry for going a bit :offtopic:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found your case:

I have been looking at this case too. Just concerned about how a full size Graphics card will fit.

So can I ask which motherboard/cpu did you use? Also did you have problems with the lower drive and the motherboard, read a few comments about issues there.

Thanks

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So that looks like a 3U rack case, was reading Video Cards that require Power won't work since there is not enough clearance for the case cover. Which case do you have? Wanting to build a Blue Iris rack mounted Server, will also be running GPU version of DeepStack, presently I am running it in desktop case running on a Nvidia 970 card.

I found these I may use on a 3U case, they have 6 and 8 pin connectors:

I presently am using three 8 pin of those type connectors for my 3080 card in a PC case, mainly for aesthetics...

View attachment 123539

Ended up using 90 Connectors on my 24 pin power cable and the USB3 connector. IMO I like it better than all those ribbon cables I see in most builds.
I'm sorry I took so long to answer. I'll give a more detailed one shortly. My GPU would not fit the 3U case because of the power supply. I bought a low profile 180° adapter and that gave me the clearance I needed to put the cover on securely.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found your case:

I have been looking at this case too. Just concerned about how a full size Graphics card will fit.

So can I ask which motherboard/cpu did you use? Also did you have problems with the lower drive and the motherboard, read a few comments about issues there.

Thanks
I forgot what mobo I used. Let me look at some old pics and I'll tell you exactly what I used. I do know that I use a low profile Noctua CPU cooler, with an Intel i5 (can't remember the Gen.) I also use 4 stick 8Gig GSkill Ripjaw memory, Crucial 250Gig M.2 and old EVGA Bronze 500 watt power supply, I use 80MM Noctua Redux fans for intake, and 60MM Noctua fans for exhaust. I have dual NIC card, and a EVGA 1060 gpu. The gou fits fine, but I had to use a 180° low profile adapter in order to put the cover on. Anyway, let me search out some pics to see what I have.

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot what mobo I used. Let me look at some old pics and I'll tell you exactly what I used. I do know that I use a low profile Noctua CPU cooler, with an Intel i5 (can't remember the Gen.) I also use 4 stick 8Gig GSkill Ripjaw memory, Crucial 250Gig M.2 and old EVGA Bronze 500 watt power supply, I use 80MM Noctua Redux fans for intake, and 60MM Noctua fans for exhaust. I have dual NIC card, and a EVGA 1060 gpu. The gou fits fine, but I had to use a 180° low profile adapter in order to put the cover on. Anyway, let me search out some pics to see what I have.
Thank you for taking the time to share this info. This is actually what I want to build.
I see the board is a Gigabyte, so did you have problems with the standoffs? Read one guy complaining you can't remove and move them.
Board looks like a full ATX since it has 4 Memory slots and several PCI slots.

1648561889630.png