Default Password for Camera?

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just received my IPC-hdw4433c-a. I’m trying to long into the camera directly. So here’s the weird thing, the default password and username: admin and admin does not work. I can’t log on. However, my nvm can view the camera and change settings etc. I know the NVR must log on to see cameras and change settings etc. So I go on my nvr, under camera -> registration -> added devices -> modify. The username is admin but the password is 10 characters long. Any ideas what I could be? It’s definitely some sort of default password because I didn’t change the password and my nvr automatically knew it. My other passwords for my cameras are 6 characters long and my nvr reflects that in the password box in the settings. Also, I’m definitely not going to the wrong IP address, I triple checked to make sure lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I just received my IPC-hdw4433c-a. I’m trying to long into the camera directly. So here’s the weird thing, the default password and username: admin and admin does not work. I can’t log on. However, my nvm can view the camera and change settings etc. I know the NVR must log on to see cameras and change settings etc. So I go on my nvr, under camera -> registration -> added devices -> modify. The username is admin but the password is 10 characters long. Any ideas what I could be? It’s definitely some sort of default password because I didn’t change the password and my nvr automatically knew it. My other passwords for my cameras are 6 characters long and my nvr reflects that in the password box in the settings. Also, I’m definitely not going to the wrong IP address, I triple checked to make sure lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
try your nvr password on the camera