Deleted clips.dat and now cannot repair database

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.
I was running very low on my primary drive (SSD) and hadn't set up appropriate rules for archiving to the secondary HDD. Like a genius, I deleted the very large clips.dat file in Blueiris\storage. Now whenever I open the BI iOS app, on the home screen it says something like "!! C: -28.5G, D: +529.6G" in red font.
I have tried to repair the database but it gets stuck at various stages. Right now it is not moving past "Scanning Stored 538500".
I also deleted a bunch of individual videos and many many JPEGs.
At this point should I just uninstall and reinstall after exporting settings?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I was running very low on my primary drive (SSD) and hadn't set up appropriate rules for archiving to the secondary HDD. Like a genius, I deleted the very large clips.dat file in Blueiris\storage. Now whenever I open the BI iOS app, on the home screen it says something like "!! C: -28.5G, D: +529.6G" in red font.
I have tried to repair the database but it gets stuck at various stages. Right now it is not moving past "Scanning Stored 538500".
I also deleted a bunch of individual videos and many many JPEGs.
At this point should I just uninstall and reinstall after exporting settings?
Thanks
You deleted the database file. You also have a very large amount of video files. It will take blue iris quite a bit of time to rebuild. Let it run.
Your negative 25.5G number indicates that you have allocated more storage than the drive can handle. See the help file.

Reactions: rsg

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. You were right--it just took a very long time to rebuild the database (about 3 days). Lesson learned.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. You were right--it just took a very long time to rebuild the database (about 3 days). Lesson learned.
Three days seems a hell of a long time.

How many clips and alerts do you have and what media are they mounted on?