snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody here do cn
Onsulting on security system design?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi! Write your tasks and, preferably, the plan of the facility and the location of the cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us do here as members of the forum by providing free suggestions when people posts pics of their property and what they want covered.

Post some pics, budget, and what you want to accomplish and you will get several suggestions.

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
what is your system details and budget?
I have to protect a meat cutting building, a cattle barn, and a machinery storage barn. Cutting building is 35 ft by 100 ft. I need capacity for about 14 outdoor cameras, 4 indoor cameras, 3 door switches, 5 meat cooler temperature alarm monitors. I need the system to alert me by phone if an intruder comes. I need to ge able to activate an alarm by phone. also need to be alerted if incoming power fails. Don t need a lot of recording capacity. I need quality components that will be reliable

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of us do here as members of the forum by providing free suggestions when people posts pics of their property and what they want covered.

Post some pics, budget, and what you want to accomplish and you will get several suggestions.
I'll do that. Choosing hardware is very confusing to a novice.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
To even start to help a site plan/sketch showing distances between buildings, specific areas of interest and interior layout sketches/pictures are needed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to determine exactly what you want to accomplish with video surveillance. That will govern how many and what type of cameras will be needed. It will also determine what lens size, focal length, is needed. General lighting conditions, especially at night if you want effective night video, s very important in camera/lens selection. Unfortunately, there is no "plug and play" or "kit/package" solution to achieve good video surveillance.

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to determine exactly what you want to accomplish with video surveillance. That will govern how many and what type of cameras will be needed. It will also determine what lens size, focal length, is needed. General lighting conditions, especially at night if you want effective night video, s very important in camera/lens selection. Unfortunately, there is no "plug and play" or "kit/package" solution to achieve good video surveillance.
I kind of saw that when I went on Amazon to lorry ok for security camera systems. We're in the country so its dark at night. What I primarily need is intrusion notification in real time so I can respond by triggering a alarm and then come to the farm. My house is a half mile away. Additionally, I need to know immediately if the power fails or a refrigeration system stops working

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Power failure and refrigeration failure are separate problems. You could use a camera focused on refrigeration gauges/indicators for a monitor. Power failure will require a significant UPS to mitigate the power failure and send the notifications. With a half mile of distance between you and the site you'll need an encrypted dedicated RF link to handle the video feeds. That's one of the reasons I asked about a site plan. Is there a clear line of site between the two locations, even is it's at rooftop heights?

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
Power failure and refrigeration failure are separate problems. You could use a camera focused on refrigeration gauges/indicators for a monitor. Power failure will require a significant UPS to mitigate the power failure and send the notifications. With a half mile of distance between you and the site you'll need an encrypted dedicated RF link to handle the video feeds. That's one of the reasons I asked about a site plan. Is there a clear line of site between the two locations, even is it's at rooftop heights?
House is up a hill and behind a patch of timber . Have internet via dsl line to the cutting building. Any communication cotta goby phone. We have emergency generators on site. Power outage should be no more than 1hour duration. There are dedicated cooler monitoring systems that canalert by text and phone,. I'd like one system only, but not a deal breaker. I should add one more requirement--Ease of use. As you can tell I'm not tech savvy. We can string pipe, run wire, and mount components, but that's as far as our electronic ability goes

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Net thing is how many cameras, total, so the bandwidth requirement can be calculated/approximated.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
To even start to help a site plan/sketch showing distances between buildings, specific areas of interest and interior layout sketches/pictures are needed.

Google earth can be quite good for providing overview pictures of the layout, buildings from different angles etc.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Outdoor cams recommend you to use these for poor light place. Can refer the reivew on the PDF file.
IPC-T5442T-ZE 20-40ft
IPC-B5442E-ZE 20-60ft bullet 4MP Vandalproof.
IPC-B5442E-Z4E 50-100ft bullet 4MP Vandal-proof.
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E 60-130ft Bullet 2mp Vandal-proof.
Indoor
IPC-T5442TM-AS
IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5842T-ZE 4K, good for watching more details.

Attachments