DESIGN

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
That is the address to th house to the south of the barns
I think the cutting building slab is in the photo only
Personally I would remove your address from the internet.

Just go to Google Earth, and using the satellite view, zoom in until you have an over view and then take a screenshot of the buildings from above. There are many examples elsewhere on the forum of people having done that.

Here's a random example off google (you want to be slightly less zoomed in than this so we can see more of the surrounding perimeter:

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
Outdoor cams recommend you to use these for poor light place. Can refer the reivew on the PDF file.
IPC-T5442T-ZE 20-40ft
IPC-B5442E-ZE 20-60ft bullet 4MP Vandalproof.
IPC-B5442E-Z4E 50-100ft bullet 4MP Vandal-proof.
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E 60-130ft Bullet 2mp Vandal-proof.
Indoor
IPC-T5442TM-AS
IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5842T-ZE 4K, good for watching more details.
Personally I would remove your address from the internet.

Just go to Google Earth, and using the satellite view, zoom in until you have an over view and then take a screenshot of the buildings from above. There are many examples elsewhere on the forum of people having done that.

Here's a random example off google (you want to be slightly less zoomed in than this so we can see more of the surrounding perimeter:

got it thanks,

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Open your file explorer on top of the IPCT page. Find the file and just drag it down into the text area on the IPCT page where you normally type.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
or alternatively google imgbb. It;s free to upload and you can upload there and paste the BB baord code in here (or direct code if you want a link).

snerland

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes . We need the cameras to keep an eye on th cows, the cutting building, and the refrigeration equipment

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the house the building at the upper left of the photo? If so I think you can use an RF link to it from the roof of the large, white, building. It may take a 10 foot mast on each, but it should be doable. I'd also consider RF links between the buildings. That will provide electrical isolation to avoid differences in ground potentials and surge protection from lightning strikes, and those strikes don't have to be close or exceptionally powerful to fry electronics.

In terms of cameras, on the outside either the 5442 turrets or bullets with either 6mm or varifocal lenses. Inside the buildings the 5442 series would work very well also. Lenses inside could be 6mm, 3.6mm or 2.8mm depending on the area where each camera is installed. The number of cameras inside and outside depends on too many variables for me to speculate. That said, I would suggest at least eight cameras on the outside of each building, two per side at opposite ends of each side and pointed back toward each other so the views overlap and the cameras "watch" each other. More cameras on the outside might be needed to effectively cover doors and windows depending on the size of the buidings.

I'd suggest a 24 port PoE+ capable switch for each building or at least two eight port PoE+ switches for each building. The number of ports depends on the number of cameras of course. Everything could be hard wired between the buildings, but again differences in ground potential becomes a factor Alternately you could use fiber between the buildings to provide electrical isolation.

If you have an office or relatively "clean" closet/room in one of the buildings an NVR or PC running Blue Iris could be located there. That would make monitoring from the house relatively easy and require very little bandwidth making your cable connection much more feasable.