Desktop NVRs belong in racks, right?

Rjdnfnfn

n3wb
Reaction score
The company I do subcontracting work for orders custom made desktop style NVRs. They have a bad habit of using full ATX cases instead of mid towers, and as a result, do not fit in a standard 19" wide wall mounted rack.

My solution, was to buy the proper PC case and swap everything over, so that it could securely fit into the rack using a rack mounted shelf. Their idea is for me to install a shelf from home depot and ratchet strap it down to that. Honestly I am about to leave this company, because they are all a bunch of woke idiots. Apparently their designers didn't think to come up with a form factor requirement when they handed over the specifications to the custom PC builder company. And the official solution from the top brass is to keep doing it that way, and put the huge NVR on a shelf that can fall off and squash someone! But atleast the company is diverse according to their own employee's reviews! Smh

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The company I do subcontracting work for orders custom made desktop style NVRs. They have a bad habit of using full ATX cases instead of mid towers, and as a result, do not fit in a standard 19" wide wall mounted rack.

My solution, was to buy the proper PC case and swap everything over, so that it could securely fit into the rack using a rack mounted shelf. Their idea is for me to install a shelf from home depot and ratchet strap it down to that. Honestly I am about to leave this company, because they are all a bunch of woke idiots. Apparently their designers didn't think to come up with a form factor requirement when they handed over the specifications to the custom PC builder company. And the official solution from the top brass is to keep doing it that way, and put the huge NVR on a shelf that can fall off and squash someone! But atleast the company is diverse according to their own employee's reviews! Smh
Stop fat shaming the full atx case:). Its nice to see a body positive workplace....

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've used HP rack shelves before that have a velcro strap to hold a tower laid on its side.

It's no big deal.

It's not a good photo but you can see the shelf and just make out the Velcro.
This is obviously without a PC installed.

Your biggest issue is going to be the weight loading on the wall mounted rack assuming the PC actually fits at all.

Last edited: