Device rejected on brand new Hickvision IP cam

Lb85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm deploying a bunch of new IP cams. I used SADP tool ver. 3.0.2.4 and saw this error, cable contractor who installed them claims he used a specific password, which worked OK with other Hickvision cams.

Is it a password or software or firmware?

Please let me know if you know who to resolve this.

Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it a password or software or firmware?
Sounds like a wrong password problem.

I'm deploying a bunch of new IP cams.
Model number?
Many of the newer Hikvision cameras have a hatch in the body, under which is a reset button, and SD card access.
To reset with the button, press the button, power on the camera, wait around 30-40 seconds, after which the camera will be in the 'Inactive' status requiring a new password to be set.

Lb85

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like a wrong password problem.

Model number?
Many of the newer Hikvision cameras have a hatch in the body, under which is a reset button, and SD card access.
To reset with the button, press the button, power on the camera, wait around 30-40 seconds, after which the camera will be in the 'Inactive' status requiring a new password to be set.
Thanks for reply. Model is Hikvision DS-2CD MP. Do you think I can reset this by pressing reset?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Device Rejected is problem when modifying paremeters gets time out(couldnt ping camera at the time or send packets), in some certain times u will get TimeOut error, but sometimes u will get DeviceRejected. In most cases i had this problem with my customers when it was bad RJ45 connector. Make sure all TX's and RX's work properly.

To make sure try to ping IP -t to see if response is consistent.

Lb85

n3wb
Reaction score
Device Rejected is problem when modifying paremeters gets time out(couldnt ping camera at the time or send packets), in some certain times u will get TimeOut error, but sometimes u will get DeviceRejected. In most cases i had this problem with my customers when it was bad RJ45 connector. Make sure all TX's and RX's work properly.

To make sure try to ping IP -t to see if response is consistent.
Ok,
I fixed an issue by matching camera's factory subnet and only then it allowed me to modify network parameters. I think it's a buggy firmware, no other explanation of this behavior.