DH-SD29204T-GN rebooting

Reaction score
Wanted to post a small update. Hooked-up my NVR to the internet and also experienced some strange phenomenon, disappearing cameras from the setup randomly. I think this was after I setup Easy4ip! :banghead: So just to be sure I ended up with deleting the NVR on Easy4ip and just to be sure also setting the DNS of the NVR to a non existing IP. I know doing so is a very brusk measurement and I would like to change this eventually by just taking out the services data that cause these problems. Also it made me realize that Dahua hardware build is fantastic especially if we consider the price. But will we ever be able to trust Chinese firmware developers? In my eyes even if does developers are honest but their skills are not that great China is a country with a couple of billion potential hackers.

Also I found out that my rebooting camera, that rebooted last Friday the whole afternoon had fried my MicroSD card.

I think waiting for new firmware is probably going to take forever. I think we do better to have a detailed guide, if we know what services (data) are responsible for the reboots, than we can only target and alter that specific data. Currently I'm not using SMTP email but maybe I would like to enable that service in the future.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
Also I found out that my rebooting camera, that rebooted last Friday the whole afternoon had fried my MicroSD card.

I think waiting for new firmware is probably going to take forever. I think we do better to have a detailed guide, if we know what services (data) are responsible for the reboots, than we can only target and alter that specific data. Currently I'm not using SMTP email but maybe I would like to enable that service in the future.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks to all for the help. I had the same issue with my 4 Dahuas in Germany and spain. I am lucky that the MicroSds are still ok :)
And now: From today the cameras are back to work. No rebooting. No problems. No new firmware. Nothing new. So what was the Problem? Dahua? I still use No-IP.org as DDNS and the temperature is still low. Only the colours are bad bad bad:-( If I look at the colors of my Huisuns: Great:)

cu
pitts

le0n1d4c

n3wb
Reaction score
Index of /DAHUA/OFFICIAL/05SD/Main_Firmware/SD-Mao-Themis/DH/161130/
I am installed this firmware in my camera SD29204T-GN-W! All very good! Camera not rebooting, connect to Internet, P2P working successufully!
Beingaware, you cool! :headbang:Thank you so much!

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wished i seen this thread.. my brother purchased this camera and it is rebooting every 10-15 minutes or so...drove us nuts.. we replaced the network cable, used different poe switches, etc.. and it turns out it's the camera..

update the firmware to the above link 161130 but that didn't help..

sigh..wished he would have bought a hikvision but he wanted a small ptz..

any news on a new firmware?

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Has there been any fix for this? I have a couple of Dahua 2.0M HD Network IR Speed Dome, Model SD59230SN-HN setup as webcams and now, out of the blue, they keep rebooting. Can't seem to find any firmware either.

I did notice my NTP server went kaput but even after fixing that it continues. errrr

I also tried setting the DNS to 1.0.0.1, however these cameras are on a private net and have never had Internet access. I only had the NTP server setup so the on screen clock would be correct.

Really need a fix. anyone?

thank you!!!

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has there been any fix for this? I have a couple of Dahua 2.0M HD Network IR Speed Dome, Model SD59230SN-HN setup as webcams and now, out of the blue, they keep rebooting. Can't seem to find any firmware either.

I did notice my NTP server went kaput but even after fixing that it continues. errrr

I also tried setting the DNS to 1.0.0.1, however these cameras are on a private net and have never had Internet access. I only had the NTP server setup so the on screen clock would be correct.

Really need a fix. anyone?

thank you!!!
I would check if the PoE switch or PoE injectors are not failing. If they all reboot, then i would think of a power failure

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the fast reply!

I don't think it's a power failure. two different cameras at the same site are doing it now. They are fed by an industrial power supply, the same one powers both cameras and a couple routers. Only the cameras are rebooting and they are not doing it at the same time. odd huh?

thoughts?

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Further info: There is an "abort" in the event log just before the restart. The next event is "startup" with content "Reboot Mark: Abort"

TY

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
After changing the encoding to H264H from H264, it's more stable. Still rebooting but not every 15 minutes. event log says "abort" and then followed by "Reboot Mark: Abort"

anyone have ideas or know where I can find firmware for this camera? Dahua 2.0M HD Network IR Speed Dome, Model SD59230SN-HN

The cams are on YouTube at "San Diego Web Cam". The problem cams are over at Harbor Island.

thank you

Algforever

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Pls can you tell me where is the reset buton in hard camera??? I have same model but whith out button
I have a problem with the same camera SD29204T-GN
Since monday without explanation the camera restarts alone several times a day, I reset the parameters by pressing the reset button but the problem continues.
I tried to power the camera directly with a 12 V power supply but the problem is still the same...

BICK