DH-SD8A820WA-HNF 4/3 PTZ Recieved My Order Today From Andy. Installation Soon.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

Computeman

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice!!! Am looking for a nice PTZ camera for the peak of my home so look forward to the review.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice!!! Am looking for a nice PTZ camera for the peak of my home so look forward to the review.
There is already a review for this model by @Parley You can see his post in the link below.

I will do some video posting too which will I guess tell you a bit more info camera i can also compare it once its up with my current Ptz which are 1 1.8 and 1 2.8 sensors.. IT will give you some idea on light gathering capability of these sensors. Again each location are different as lighting condition will vary upon locations but will get you at-least a pretty decent idea.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome. Wish that I lived somewhere that having something like that was worthwhile. I have nothing interesting enough to look at even with my pitiful little 4X PTZ. lol

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome. Wish that I lived somewhere that having something like that was worthwhile. I have nothing interesting enough to look at even with my pitiful little 4X PTZ. lol
LOL, Even with these big PTZ i dont have much to look at Either. Sometimes I see Ants crawling on neigbhors tree LOL :|..

Anyhow Except it tracks people going back and forth on sidewalk / road day/night though.

I do use one of the PTZ at night to point further down the street so that way if someone like say checking car doors or something they dont even notice my cameras until its too late :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a video clip from last night just to see since I have both 1 1.8 PTZ now and the 4/3. I am on a very dark street not much lights or street lights just barely what ever motion if any comes on from neighbors or what i have installed. So far I love both of it reason being. 4/3 is 20x optical and starts at I think 16.0 mm min. to 320mm for 4/3

I believe 1 1.8 5.6mm~223mm so I can zoom out further :) So I like both to be frank :) Both have their own perks :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of motion blur? What shutter speed is that?

View attachment 75026 View attachment 75027
Just got it up and running barely So left it on Auto will be playing around now with settings. Lets see where I can push it.. towards.. Any recommendation to start off from I am thinking 1/60th.. Maybe..and see how it likes that but again very dark usually for me.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It is now really dark with the lights off though.. So in this scenario The Lights will have to turn on.. Otherwise I guess it be too dark

1605491435817.png

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry not impressed with your clips you have posted so far unless I am looking at still objects.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Many hour of tweaking fun ahead like any new cam ;) So far I'm thinking the 1/120 with less DNR may be your best compromise.