DH-SD8A820WA-HNF 4/3 PTZ Recieved My Order Today From Andy. Installation Soon.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Many hour of tweaking fun ahead like any new cam ;) So far I'm thinking the 1/120 with less DNR may be your best compromise.
That is what I am thinking too. Since LPR will do most of the stuff for plate. I can pickup vehicle even @ lower speed.. So Really I am thinking to drop it to 100 or 120 and see. That should be enough for anyone running as well or walking at night.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you would get much better results if you set the auto tracking up and tuned that in. I've had some good results on my 49225XA doing this but night time gets mixed results especially in low light.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you would get much better results if you set the auto tracking up and tuned that in. I've had some good results on my 49225XA doing this but night time gets mixed results especially in low light.
I have auto tracking set for Human/Non motor vehicle not just for motor vehicle Can give that a try as well Not a bad idea :D Specially for certain hours :D

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Since we are on the subject of Auto Tracking any idea. On what the ratio does what I see so far the camera does not Zoom In Enough or stays very far while tracking from subject hope that I am making sense. I am guessing if I move the slider up higher maybe that will resolve. Any idea what ratio is ?

1605565286567.png

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Having been playing with my own 1st PTZ over the past 6 weeks I learned that is a definite trial and error process.

For me with a target zone about 75-90 ft away tracking humans, I started high about 80-90. While it zoomed in quick, it over zoomed and typically lost the subject quickly as the screen was filled with a back of a head or often ass.

Backing it off to 30 seems to be working well, though it’s not quite as tight a shot as I’d like sometimes. With subjects moving at a 45 degree angle away or towards the camera, it does better with those moving toward it, which I guess makes sense.

Set it and let it do it’s thing for a few days. The more objects it tracks the better mine seems to do. I suppose it’s “learning” to some degree.

Then make fine adjustments 5 increments at a time and repeat.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Having been playing with my own 1st PTZ over the past 6 weeks I learned that is a definite trial and error process.

For me with a target zone about 75-90 ft away tracking humans, I started high about 80-90. While it zoomed in quick, it over zoomed and typically lost the subject quickly as the screen was filled with a back of a head or often ass.

Backing it off to 30 seems to be working well, though it’s not quite as tight a shot as I’d like sometimes. With subjects moving at a 45 degree angle away or towards the camera, it does better with those moving toward it, which I guess makes sense.

Set it and let it do it’s thing for a few days. The more objects it tracks the better mine seems to do. I suppose it’s “learning” to some degree.

Then make fine adjustments 5 increments at a time and repeat.
Interesting about learning part is your connected to a NVR by Dahua or BI.. If learning is kind of happening on the cam itself and does not require any NVR/DVR that is amazing :) I did just set the ratio now.. and man it made a diffrence I think it is zooming in further which is what I want. So I am gonna play around with it now :) LOL people gonna think why am I pacing around my own house back and fourth lol hahah

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 vehicles are tough when it comes to reducing motion blue, ideally you want 1/250 to ensure you are slowing motion enough HOWEVER when lighting is a challenge something has to give. Therefore the 1/120 is a compromise and will certainly help with slower vehicles or joggers but above that unfortunately you really need to look at additional light.

On the Target Tracking Size question, take a look at my post HERE where I explain it and have links to videos I took showing how to dial in and importance of doing so.

HTH, let me know with any questions