Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check this out:

Latest Filseye camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Are you surprised? It's common in China to "borrow" others work. All my Longse cams are now updated with the new UI and Huisun had Hikvision-like UI for a long time now.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am alergic to Longse since a time ago i bought to test it's Bullet, After 3 weeks it gained water inside and guess what? They refused warranty. Their WebIF and stability was a piece of shit and i dont want to have any it's cams since then.
Now this...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I hear ya, sounds like we both have allergies, except I am allergic to Hikvision cams, everything is great about them except I can't stand their shitty night quality.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In some ways it's a tribute to Hikvision's 'look and feel' that Longse (Herospeed) believe there is a benefit in copying it so closely.
I wonder how Hikvision feel about it - Longse is quite a big manufacturer.
I have a couple of Longse (actually Cantonk) cameras, and I'm pretty pleased with them.
Image quality is great.
I've seen zero problems with stability, no reboots or freezes.
I just checked and expected to see about 6 months - but realised the PoE NVR was restarted a week ago after installing a tweaked version of the 3.4.80 firmware lol!
Code:
alastair@PC-I5 ~ $ telnet 192.168.254.17
Trying 192.168.254.17...
Connected to 192.168.254.17.
Escape character is '^]'.

Ipcamera login: root
Password: 
# uptime
 18:51:46 up 8 days, 22:57,  1 user,  load average: 1.75, 1.71, 1.70
#

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
serves Hikvision right to get there shit stolen when they steal so much code from open source projects.. who cares how they feel about it? when in rome as they say..

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They deserve it for selling EU Version double the price of china version.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They deserve it for selling EU Version double the price of china version.

Where to buy this fisheye?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does this Longsee use an Ambarella chipset? I was always under the impression that the user interface was from Ambarella and that Hikvision, Huisun, etc. only did minor edits (adding their own logo and such).... I also noticed that different camera manufacturers using Hisilicon chipsets had a similar-looking interface to which I assumed was a hisilicon design? I may be mistaken on that as it was just an assumption, so perhaps it's just a coincidence?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Longse firmware is provided by Herospeed who, I have been told, is a separate and distinct company (if anyone has any different information please share it).