Did We Really Land on the Moon?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
After reading the IPVM model, seems like the Dahua model is still better than this Hikvision

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a more detailed overview from @Sean Nelson
Technically, you're not really going to be able to ID something without the integrated or external flood light being (or street light for the matter) on. Very simply, I can turn off the IR on my 4mp 5442 Dahua turret and achieve similar result but will not really be able to ID something unless I have external light source (i.e. streetlight) available.
As per the video at 12am its alright, but at 4am, things go south without any adequate trace of light ;)
Nelly's should put a link of the following video to the description of the video on the YouTube link in my OP to avoid customers jumping fast to conclusions :p
Sean did a thorough job with his video. :) I wonder if we can flash Hikvision firmware on the Nelly's Security models.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use an NVR. I assume this has on-camera management like the rest of them, but one of the reviews on Nelly's the reviewer said he could not view footage through a browser. I assume that was just user error...? Was planning on storing to an onboard microsd and I like the look of this cam.

There does seem to be a bit of an alarming lack of nighttime moving footage, though. Stills are fine, but I haven't seen much (any?) night time moving footage, nor of cars to see what it really looks like. I also would never use spotlight on this as I don't like the look of a spotlight off the house. Would just be relying on ambient and landscape lighting.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought one of these. Plugged it in today and it's night now. I am coming from a 5+ year old install of 3 MP Hikvisions but the night time on this is quite spectacular actually. I have a very dark street and with all lights turned off I see color everywhere, even in dark corners. It's pretty uncanny. I did some moving around tests and there is of course some ghosting but it's surprisingly good. With my garage barn lights on (they always are on), the light is so high around the house that the far corners of my yard are now dark. However, nearer the house where the car is the camera's color vision at night time is excellent and the frame rate is great, no ghosting. The light cast by the regular house lighting is enough to work very well. What this means is if somebody where looking around my car at night I'd capture them as well as I would during the day. I'll eventually be setting up some landscape lighting at the far end of my yard anyway and this camera would light the entire yard up.