Difference between cameras compared to other stores

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi!

I'm trying to understand the difference between cameras when buying from empiretech and a seller in Sweden where the camera is marked hikvision.

I'm looking at IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu which it is 80% more expensive in sweden, when including shipping and fees (aliexpress).

Thanks in advance! :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'd venture to say that Andy has a much lower overhead and, as an OEM vendor, sells far more cameras and gets a much better price from either Hikvision or Dahua. He also may be happy with a smaller markup on what he sells given that large volume he sells.

Reaction score
Price could also reflect local warranty support costs. Realize that, in the extremely unlikely case of having to return the cam, shipping back to Hong Kong is a non-zero expense. It would be smart to understand the local support model prior to buying local.

FYI, review of the cam:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EmpireTech, sells international cameras, the firmware is upgradable. There is no difference in Andy's cameras and Hikvision.

I recommend that you contact Andy directly via email, for a quote and shipping information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My standard post.
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

Current supply may be limited do to the Covid-19. Do to Covid-19 shipping has also gotten slow. I recommend email Andy

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: Amazon.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Price could also reflect local warranty support costs. Realize that, in the extremely unlikely case of having to return the cam, shipping back to Hong Kong is a non-zero expense. It would be smart to understand the local support model prior to buying local.

FYI, review of the cam:

FYI, review of the cam:

Ah ok, will do. I already read the review, thanks! :)