Difference between motion detection and intrusion detection?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd need to go back to firmware from some years ago to have more than one region.
Hikvision dropped it to 1 due to performance issues.

Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum and hoping you guys can help with intrusion and line crossing photos sent via email.

Is there a way to increase the quality of the image as I am currently getting 3 small photos that are useless outside of a 5inch phone screen. I have the Hikvision NVR DS7716 and a mixture of the bullet and dome cameras. Nowhere on the NVR can I find altering the photo quality it sends and on the camera itself it looks like the settings are for storing the image onto a NAS.

thoughts?

latropa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum and hoping you guys can help with intrusion and line crossing photos sent via email.

Is there a way to increase the quality of the image as I am currently getting 3 small photos that are useless outside of a 5inch phone screen. I have the Hikvision NVR DS7716 and a mixture of the bullet and dome cameras. Nowhere on the NVR can I find altering the photo quality it sends and on the camera itself it looks like the settings are for storing the image onto a NAS.

thoughts?
I'm not using a NVR, just the interface on the camera with storage mounted to an SMB share but I'm pretty sure it will still email you pictures without adding a storage option via SMB/NAS.

On the web interface I go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Email and set it up to use on of my gmail accounts:

And then for it to send the email you go to Event > Smart Event > Intrusion and/or Line Crossing Detection > draw your area/line and save then > Linkage Method > Check "Send Email" and save:

Reaction score
Hi latropa, the images you have shown are exactly the same on the NVR as they are on the camera interface. However, under storage the camera interface has more options where to store higher quality images on a NAS. The email is working correctly as I stated earlier, just wanting better quality images.

latropa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi latropa, the images you have shown are exactly the same on the NVR as they are on the camera interface. However, under storage the camera interface has more options where to store higher quality images on a NAS. The email is working correctly as I stated earlier, just wanting better quality images.
Sorry. I forgot and skipped over the image quality part.

The emails I get have 3 pictures and they are all at the full resolution I'm running my cameras at (1920x1080). I seem to remember them always being that way but I may have setup the storage to my SMB shares before I set the email delivery options and maybe that's why because it seems to be the only place that has an option to set the resolution of captured pictures:

Reaction score
Thanks latropa, but still does not work.

The camera setup I have uses the internal Hikvision gateway of 192.168.254.1 so it cannot directly connect to gmail to send an email. The NVR does this.

Changing the capture settings above does nothing to help my cause. The images are still 20k low quality jpgs.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Digitalization When the cameras are connected at the internal NVR PoE switch with an IP like 192.168.254.XXX, internal PoE switch and cameras gateway IP 192.168.254.1, then in order for the camera to send email there are two requirements:
1. Enable the Virtual Hosting feature in the NVR
2. Create a static route in your main LAN router for all IPs of the range 192.168.254.0 and subnet 255.255.255.0 to be routed at the NVR LAN IP may be like 192.168.XXX.YYY. Then the NVR internal router will route the acknowlegments from the LAN to the internal cam IP. In this way the cameras native web UI of the camera IP 192.168.254.XXX can be accessed from any computer in the LAN.

The above have been documented several times in this forum.

Reaction score
Thanks aster1x. My fritzbox has been configured to with one camera, 192.168.254.3 255.255.255.0 to 192.168.1.175 which is the nvr and after setting the Virtual hosting feature I still cannot access the camera. will search the forums for the information you suggest and see where it takes me.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have setup the static route in your main LAN router and you can not ping from any PC in your LAN the IP 192.168.254.3 of your camera, then there are two explanations.
1. Your router does not implement properly the static route. This is very common with routers provided by providers who they reduce the functionality of their routers in order to minimize the support calls. Their moto usually is "Our router is only suitable for Internet access"!!!. Hold on, which Fritzbox do you have? Have you set the static route for the camera IP specifically (192.168.254.3) or for the IP range 192.168.254.0? The latest is the right one. The Fritzboxes are known to have good network implementation firmwares. I am using them as well.
2. The NVR receives the pings but does not implement or function properly the virtual hosting and forwarding of the packets from the NVR LAN interface to the internal PoE switch and the camera. In this case, ensur that you have the latest firmware for your 7716 NVR. Other than that I am .... speechless. Sorry..

Reaction score
Thanks aster1x. My mistake, I went for camera ip and not the network range. Dah.

I can send emails from my cameras directly now and the image quality is far greater than before. THANK YOU !!!!

LAKSHMANCG

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear All,

Dahua and Hikvision

client need 6-8 MP cameras indoor and outdoor,

what is the model number compatible for intrusion Detection cameras.

B1ffboff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Just came across this thread while trying to figure out how to configure human / vehicle detection on my DVR.

have six standard analogue cameras that do not contain the feature. I have a new HIK turbo 5.0 iDS-7316HUHI-K4/16S DVR. I have configured two channels fine (from the DVR) with both vehicle and human options, but when i go to do a third it comes up with insufficient resource and prevents me for enabling the option. I specifically asked for this feature to be available across all channels. They suggested that this, more expensive, iDS would do that. Am i doing something wrong or does the DVR have insufficient resource to do all channels?

Thanks

John

B1ffboff

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorted. Double checking the correct instructions downloaded this morning (instructions on the CD with my unit are not for the IDS…) I see that this enhanced option must be switched on (page 8 last bullet) if intrusion detection is required on all channels. I have activated this, rebooted and now the vehicle and human are now possible to be enabled on all channels.