Differences Between Hikvision 4mp DS-2CD3345-I And Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2345-I

antip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I was just inquiring if anyone had come across a difference between Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD3345-i and the Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2345-I

The only difference i could find was one had a plastic frame and the 2345 has a metal frame.

I just want to know if either camera is a better unit or the same specification.

Thanks

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just in case you are not aware, both of these versions are Chinese region cameras with hacked English firmware. They come with no Hikvision warranty or support. I have 3 Chinese region cameras and if I could do it over again I would have spent a little more and purchased western region cams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd personally recommend a DS-2CD2332-I. Can't see one on Nellys but I'm sure milkisbad has OEM ones.

hook3m also has one of those I see!

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I was just inquiring if anyone had come across a difference between Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD3345-i and the Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2345-I

The only difference i could find was one had a plastic frame and the 2345 has a metal frame.

I just want to know if either camera is a better unit or the same specification.

Thanks
It seems that the DS-2CD3345-I has Digital WDR whereas the DS-2CD2345-I has true 120dB WDR (better in theory).

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd personally recommend a DS-2CD2332-I.
Agreed. I use a few cameras, as in over 1,000. I have a few hundred of the 3mp Hikvision cameras and I own 40 of the new 4mp 120dB WDR cameras too. I have installed all 40 at various locations in totally different areas and lighting conditions. After installing them and comparing against the 3mp versions I went back to the 3mp cameras. The picture is superior in low light conditions for sure. Hands down the 3mp is the better camera for night use and that is when I need my cameras most.

I will skip the 4mp this generation at this point, but no one can say I did not give them a fair trial!

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is that 100% correct? There's one way of finding out I guess.
I'm basing that on the assumption that the specs on the Hikvision website are correct. It has 120dB listed under WDR which corresponds to the true WDR cameras. The Chinese 4MP cameras with model numbers DS-2CD2X45 seem to be higher end ones compared to the DS-2CD3X45 and all have the same 120dB WDR specs. Of course, that may just be the result of copying/pasting specs so it needs to be confirmed by people who actually own one (DS-2CD2145, DS-2CD2345, DS-2CD2T45).

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i have a DS-2CD2342WD-I i keep an eye on for a client and the night vision is great at 15 feet without assistance, further than 15feet from the camera and the IR just fades away, however i have found with the addition of a little light, even a lamp that is contained within a front door ornate motion activated fitting can be enough to give great night time footage and is more than adequate to provide detailed footage if needed.

To sum a DS-2CD2342WD-I up, i personally have found night time footage good at short distance and great if given some ambient lighting at night, if no ambient light and you need good footage further away that 15 feet dont bother with this camera, day time footage however is outstanding

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision website is notoriously incorrect. I might get a 2335 and stick it side-by-side to see. Although my sis has the 3335.

Duke

n3wb
Reaction score
Agreed. I use a few cameras, as in over 1,000. I have a few hundred of the 3mp Hikvision cameras and I own 40 of the new 4mp 120dB WDR cameras too. I have installed all 40 at various locations in totally different areas and lighting conditions. After installing them and comparing against the 3mp versions I went back to the 3mp cameras. The picture is superior in low light conditions for sure. Hands down the 3mp is the better camera for night use and that is when I need my cameras most.

I will skip the 4mp this generation at this point, but no one can say I did not give them a fair trial!
Razer can you give us a comparison between the 2032 and the 2332 as related to night time quality?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have used both, and I greatly prefer the 2332 IR coverage personally. I have pretty well lit areas compared to most people though and virtually all of my cameras have IR disabled due to the bug and spider problems that IR causes. I have primarily used bullet cameras and the insect issues were horrible, I'm talking about cleaning 100-200 cameras weekly, and the spider being back the next night. We solved it by disabling IR, but the turrets are much better in this regard.

My other like of the turrets is they are less likely to move, snowfall and such is enough to push my bullets down and then they need adjusted back into position and the turrets are better that way too. General night time performance without IR is basically the same, I cannot tell by looking at footage what type of hik it was recorded by. If there was IR on then yes, the turret will win.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agree with Razer that the 2332 are generally better at night but for $100/£100 you're not going to get military grade night-vision!

2032 is perfectly fine where there is light and during the day is the same. I have a combination of both.

Duke

n3wb
Reaction score
Agree with Razer that the 2332 are generally better at night but for $100/£100 you're not going to get military grade night-vision!

2032 is perfectly fine where there is light and during the day is the same. I have a combination of both.
Thanks a lot for your observations, Razer & Del Boy.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used both, and I greatly prefer the 2332 IR coverage personally. I have pretty well lit areas compared to most people though and virtually all of my cameras have IR disabled due to the bug and spider problems that IR causes. I have primarily used bullet cameras and the insect issues were horrible, I'm talking about cleaning 100-200 cameras weekly, and the spider being back the next night. We solved it by disabling IR, but the turrets are much better in this regard.

My other like of the turrets is they are less likely to move, snowfall and such is enough to push my bullets down and then they need adjusted back into position and the turrets are better that way too. General night time performance without IR is basically the same, I cannot tell by looking at footage what type of hik it was recorded by. If there was IR on then yes, the turret will win.
A little off the subject, but would the occasional spraying of a good insecticide around the camera eliminate the spider/bug issue?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some of the chemical sprays are not good on plastic. Would not reccomend it on camera itself. At least not the lens

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A little off the subject, but would the occasional spraying of a good insecticide around the camera eliminate the spider/bug issue?
Been there, done that on a MozzieBand fitted to the end of the bullet. Any effect was transient only. I suspect the rain quickly removes any benefit.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some of the chemical sprays are not good on plastic. Would not reccomend it on camera itself. At least not the lens
I wasn't thinking so much of spraying on camera as on wall, ceiling, around where camera is mounted. I have a couple of areas on porches I have cameras and I am trying this now. Too early to tell if effective. I cover the camera with plastic wrap when spraying.

One of the reasons I've not tried the turrets is the likelihood of wasps, dirt daubbers building nests in between the camera and mounting bracket.