Digital License Plates

Reaction score
Thankfully, my suspicion is that most people who've GOT to have "the latest thing," and those who won't spend the extra dough and don't want to be tracked, aren't the same people* (the latter likely being crooks).

*Has anybody noticed that, ever since Obama, the new word for "people" is now "folks?" Obama started that..."the folks this, the folks that." "What the folks want is this." "What the folks want is that." Now everybody in news and print uses "folks" instead of "people." :puke:

Reaction score
You're painting with too broad a brush. Criminals, not likely. More likely people that take their privacy a little more seriously and think the Constitution still has meaning.
I appreciate that. I wasn't really responding in a philosophical sense, but more in the context of the value of our LPRs, and how the plates we grab might be affected by those we're the most concerned with (those being perps).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see the highlights of this plate:
  1. Can switch between light and dark modes
  2. Can display a personalized banner message at bottom
  3. Renew registration via an app
  4. Can display PSA's
  5. Has tracking ability
What possibly could go wrong with any of the five features? PLENTY, IMO.

Knowing how well the government-run web sites handled health insurance, I'm very leery of its dependability (registration) and it's security (tracking), not to mention what happens when someone displays "a personalized banner message at bottom" that someone (government?) doesn't like. Would they track you, hang a ticket on your windshield or boot your vehicle? To quote a famous @looney2ns , "Oh, HELL no!"

They could make it free or even pay me to use it and guess what...I'll still take a pass on it and they can still shove it where the sun don't shine. :headbang: