Direct camera view not working but working from NVR

esanto1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

From the web portal I can configure my cams and view the live feed using chrome on my Mac. When I try log directly into the cams I get an error that the live feed doesn’t work and I need a plugin. I’m not sure that the real cause since I use the same browser to configure my NVR without issue. I’ve read a lot about Hikvision not supporting some windows driver and I should maybe try the IE tab extension for chrome. I did try it but even simulating all windows versions (7-11) I get an error “Network abnormal”. Not sure what this means. I looked at the Pale Moon browser too but looks like it only a Linux thing and I use OS X and don’t have a Windows pc around.

I have my cams (also Hikvision) connected directly into the NVR.

Any advise on how to get the video feed from the cams working when using chrome? I did try Firefox as well without luck.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This problem has been posted at least 100 times on this forum.

In the future do not be lazy and use search.

You can not use chrome, safari, firefox, edge and other some other browsers to access the video on your camera. All these browser for security reasons have blocked access and do not support the stream protocol . New cameras with new firmware that support HTML5 may provided access. The NVR may (not sure) send it in MP4.

Try using internet explorer on a PC or palemoon 32. There are other software applications that you can use to view your cameras.

esanto1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply but I think it did do some checking before posting as I did say that I was aware of the solutions such as using IE Rab extension for Chrome or the Pale Moon browser. So your comments are not completely new to me. As per my post though, I was also cut as to why I could view the video feeds from the NVR but not the cameras directly. If the browser blocked the protocol wouldn’t the video feed fail regardless of where it’s from (NVR or camera)?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Completely different feeds. They can use different stream types. Most cameras use rtsp. Not sure what the NVR uses