direct-to-disk questions...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So until today, I've avoided the D2D option. I have several cameras that are rotated at 90° and 270°, and was relying on BI to make those rotations. While the Hikvision cameras can rotate 90° internally, some of my other cameras cannot.

But, more importantly, without the overlay, how do you guy (who use D2D) reconcile video content with accurate time stamps? I realize if I play it back within BI, or through the BI app, It'll show the time separately - but given that my BI server is headless (no monitor), I don't think that's very practical.

Further, let's say you need to use any of this video for evidence - either to give to the police or use in court - without playing the BVR files through your phone, how do you export the clips to contain date/time stamps? I have 24 hours of clips combined, so a single file may have dozens or hundreds of clips that span a wide range of hours.

FWIW, my CPU usage went from 70-90% (on a windy day) to 30% by going to D2D. I like the perks, but if I can't tell what the time is on a web browser clip, or exported clip, it's all but useless.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman - yes, I thought of that after posting my 'gripe'. Seems like an acceptable workaround.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run the cameras time overlay as well as the BI4 overlay for time. So far I like doing it that way but I have not seen a need yet for the D2D option. I just added four of of the Hikvision 3MP cameras to my other cameras. I removed some of those so now I have a total of 14 cameras including the 4 Hikvision. So far I've seen an increase in power usage of 10 to 15 watts. But I haven't noticed any issues with the core i5 CPU . it seems to fluctuate between 40% and 85%. But most of the time it is still using only one out of the four cores. But I'll need to see what happens on a windy day.

My BI4 must have just updated to v 4.0.1.0 x64.