Disassembling LNB9232S (AKA HFW1831EN)

Reaction score
For those who may be interested, I decided to see what was in my Lorex LNB9232S. I already believe this is a Dahua HFW1831EN based on a previous post of mine for: "http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo".

I must admit this is a very solid camera. Being IP67 rated, it better be. The housing is all solid cast iron. There are no visible screws. To get inside, there is a place where you can insert a screw driver beneath the shadow hood. It pops off a plastic front cover. See Pic #1

Looking inside the front cover, you will see four corner Phillips screws the allow you access to the full assembly inside. See pic #2. The cast iron front housing then comes off nicely. Be careful as there are two short connector cables. See pic #3

Thankfully cable connectors are not glued in and can be disconnected. There is a little bag of moisture beads, stuffed into the top that can be carefully removed. See pic #4.

The whole internal assembly can then be pulled out enough to get a better look inside. See pic #5.

Finally pic #6 & 7 show the top and bottom of the main circuit board.

The reset button is K7, I believe, and is available without disassembling everything.
The on-board flash is probably U5 & U6. So much for upgrading that.

My final thought on the camera is that it is built solidly. Please don't reply that I probably voided the warranty. I knew that going in, though I did not see a sticker that said as much. ;-). And yes, it works fine afterwards.

John

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those who may be interested, I decided to see what was in my Lorex LNB9232S. I already believe this is a Dahua HFW1831EN based on a previous post of mine for: "http://<IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo".

I must admit this is a very solid camera. Being IP67 rated, it better be. The housing is all solid cast iron. There are no visible screws. To get inside, there is a place where you can insert a screw driver beneath the shadow hood. It pops off a plastic front cover. See Pic #1

Looking inside the front cover, you will see four corner Phillips screws the allow you access to the full assembly inside. See pic #2. The cast iron front housing then comes off nicely. Be careful as there are two short connector cables. See pic #3

Thankfully cable connectors are not glued in and can be disconnected. There is a little bag of moisture beads, stuffed into the top that can be carefully removed. See pic #4.

The whole internal assembly can then be pulled out enough to get a better look inside. See pic #5.

Finally pic #6 & 7 show the top and bottom of the main circuit board.

The reset button is K7, I believe, and is available without disassembling everything.
The on-board flash is probably U5 & U6. So much for upgrading that.

My final thought on the camera is that it is built solidly. Please don't reply that I probably voided the warranty. I knew that going in, though I did not see a sticker that said as much. ;-). And yes, it works fine afterwards.

John
Thanks for the post John!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
More likely it is what is referred to as Mystery Metal...recycled whatever and cast as needed.