DMSS IVS Notifications

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a 4-camera Dahua system setup in my home and am having issues with the notification system in the DMSS app. Generally speaking, the app is terribly made for a host of reasons, however this issue puzzles me the most: when setting up push notifications I cannot see any of the IVS alerts in the “message” centre of the app until the notification is clicked on my phone. This means that unless I manually click on a notification I receive / go into playback on the app I’m unable to see the alerts in the message section of the app. I’m using the latest version of the app with the latest version of iOS/iPhone 12.

Has anyone run into the same issue? Surely this can’t be what they intended?

Thanks

Reaction score
Bumping up this thread to see if anyone has similar issues? Do IVS alerts show up correctly (without having to click the notification) for anybody?

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just set up 2 cameras for my neighbor friend and he and his wife.have the same issue. Alerts push all the time but if he clicks on them, or opens the app there are no new "messages" in the section where new motion alerts/video clips appear.
But if I manually go to video playback I can see clips in the timeline.
I will note that if the app is active the alerts do pop up in messages.

Last edited:

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Smart Motion Detection (SMD) notifications. Getting notifications in the notification area of the iPhone, but not showing up on the 'Messages' tab in DMSS. Unless I click the notification or keep the app open it's playing. This only happens on iPhone, on Android it's working well.

I asked for help at @EMPIRETECANDY. He advised a FW update and factory reset. Didn't help so he forwarded the issue to his Dahua-contacts. I also opened a case at Dahua Benelux and they set up a system to reproduce it now. I'm waiting for their answer.

Herbssat

n3wb
Reaction score
Log into your Dmss account and it will work properly. The issue as explained to me by Dahua tech support is the way IOS does process handling. This is why keeping the app open populates the messages in the app. Also make sure that you are running the most recent version of Dmss. They put out 2 new versions within 10 or more days of each other on IOS. Was able to get the ball rolling by calling my sales manager who in turned called someone higher above him at Dahua.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Log into your Dmss account and it will work properly. The issue as explained to me by Dahua tech support is the way IOS does process handling. This is why keeping the app open populates the messages in the app. Also make sure that you are running the most recent version of Dmss. They put out 2 new versions within 10 or more days of each other on IOS. Was able to get the ball rolling by calling my sales manager who in turned called someone higher above him at Dahua.
Thats funny. Dahua Support Benelux strongly advised me not USING an account while the cloud is not handling every notification correctly.

@quantum_fireball do you use DMSS with or without an account?

Herbssat

n3wb
Reaction score
Conflicting information on every front from Dahua tech support. My customers and i with iphones are running the Dmss with an account on version 1.93.001 and it has been pretty solid thus far. None of these apps are 100 percent but this has been the most consistent method of getting the notifications to populate to the app.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe there's a direct correlation between the app performance and generation of hardware and IOS version?

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Conflicting information on every front from Dahua tech support. My customers and i with iphones are running the Dmss with an account on version 1.93.001 and it has been pretty solid thus far. None of these apps are 100 percent but this has been the most consistent method of getting the notifications to populate to the app.
Sounds good! Do you also use SMD en IVS-notifications? No problems at all?

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not using a DMSS account on the system that I setup. Just added the cameras to the app and expected them to work and get proper notifications and messages. Which as mentioned is not happening.
I wasn't even aware that was an option or even necessary for cameras that use SD to store the clips and not using any sort of NVR or cloud storage.
The iphone(s) in question are a brand new iphone so I'm sure it's up to date, the cameras themselves I made sure to put the most recent firmwares on before configuring and installing.

Reaction score
Thats funny. Dahua Support Benelux strongly advised me not USING an account while the cloud is not handling every notification correctly.

@quantum_fireball do you use DMSS with or without an account?
I initially used it with an account, which did show notifications correctly however it would miss over 50% of them (if not more). It also didn't include a snapshot image of the detected event unlike when I login without an account. Generally speaking the cameras responded and loaded more quickly with a local account too.

Compared to software from Nest, Ring, Ubiquiti, Lorex etc the app seems incredibly convoluted and poorly thought out. I'm happy with the resolution and quality of the hardware but the software is not at a level that's useful for actual monitoring and review. @nelgnl look forward to see what your contact may say in this case. Glad I'm not the only person with this issue..

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does one find a local dahua tech support. I'll happily start a case and report my findings as well.

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One other thought...
Do you think we could use a 3rd party/resellers app instead of the dahua DMSS app. Maybe Amcrest or Lorex or something... At least in the intermediary time while we wait for a fix or sorts?

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does one find a local dahua tech support. I'll happily start a case and report my findings as well.
In which country do you live?

One other thought...
Do you think we could use a 3rd party/resellers app instead of the dahua DMSS app. Maybe Amcrest or Lorex or something... At least in the intermediary time while we wait for a fix or sorts?
Give it a try! I won't try it for myself right now cause I have the system setup how Dahua advised me and I'm waiting for their response.

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in the united states'.

Makes sense. Don't wanna tweak the system that you're actively testing/troubleshooting. I might give a different dahua OEM vendors app a try. Didn't know maybe if anyone had tried other apps as options,or even if they were compatible.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in the united states'.

Makes sense. Don't wanna tweak the system that you're actively testing/troubleshooting. I might give a different dahua OEM vendors app a try. Didn't know maybe if anyone had tried other apps as options,or even if they were compatible.
Please start a case at support.usa@dahuatech.com and keep us informed in this thread! :)

Skill856

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help!!! Does anyone know of a way to only get IVS/ SMD notifications on DMSS app on a schedule like during the night and weekends only not 24hr a day 7 days a week?

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need help!!! Does anyone know of a way to only get IVS/ SMD notifications on DMSS app on a schedule like during the night and weekends only not 24hr a day 7 days a week?
Maybe start a new topic, cause you're kinda hijacking this thread now ;)

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok guys, IVS and SMD notifications are working now in DMSS for iPhone. What happened?

I added a Dahua DB11 (doorbell) to DMSS. Therefore DMSS asked me to switch to account mode. Thats what I did. I deleted the NVR in DMSS and added again in account mode by scanning the QR code. And then the magic happens... all my notifications are working now, even when the app is closed. Now I also get a snapshot in the 'Messages' tab in DMSS.

So actually it's the solution @Herbssat already provided to us :clap: Even when Dahua Benelux advised me to NOT run it in account mode.