DMSS video channel offline issue with Dahua NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L

Waza

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using Dahua NVR (NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L) with 2 IP cameras (Dahua starlight 2MP and a 4MP).

I'm using DMSS mobile app and experiencing issues of not able to see the streaming when I'm outside (Not all the time though). Both the channels show "Video channel is offline" error. It happened when I really needed the app to work most.

One thing to mention, No recording found on NVR for that time period either. This means it is not the App streaming or connectivity issue but problem with the NVR/Network/Something else.

Upon returning home, I logged in to the NVR from the browser (Before logging in I checked the app and it still wasn't working) and went to the live view. I found both the streams working fine but the recording was missing for about 6 to 7 hours. I immediately checked the DMSS app and streaming was back on my app as well.

Now my questions:
1. Is it just a co-incident that network started responding as soon as I logged in through the web interface?

2. I thought it could be something to do with the long running NVR process and rebooting may fix the issue so I set it to reboot everyday but it gave me a problem again. Is it a sensible approach to have it on auto reboot on daily basis? BTW reboot happen at night time so nothing went wrong on reboot as I experienced the problem during the day.

3. Can I do the reboot/restart from my mobile app (DMSS). It may help to re-establish the network upon restart? I think I've seen it somewhere in the app but can't find it anywhere now. I may be wrong about it?

I've attached a screenshot of DMSS app. Thanks!

Attachments

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread, and you never got any responses, but did you get it figured out. I have something similar going on with 4 cameras. After a power outage, one stayed offline, the other 3 are intermittently offline together. I need to check the connection at the camera for power for the one that stays off and was thinking I might switch ports on the NVR to see what that does. With 3 going out together, I was thinking it may be an issue with the NVR.