Does anyone have a walkthrough on how to set up tracking on the new gui.

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As above if anyone can help....just got a new cam updated the gui to the new one...but its more me...in that ive never set it up before and probably need to ask some questions about the basics...

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so its a Hikvision....im in the HikVision area so i assumed that was a given but my apologies....

Gui: well i think its the same for all of them...from what ive read its kinda across the board but im probably wrong on that as well...!

Details are...

Device Model
DS-2DE4A425IWG-E
Firmware Version
V5.8.0 build 230519Upgrade
Encoding Version
V7.3 build 230112
Web Version
V5.1.0_R0101 build 230213

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some initial questions after my look/see into the tracking...

Am i right in saying that for every preset position the camera goes to you can apply tracking perameters to that preset?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe Tracking 3.0 If it is , its located in Linakge settings of Smart events. Ints not inside PTZ tab as individual option. Now comes as Linkage only.

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe Tracking 3.0 If it is , its located in Linakge settings of Smart events. Ints not inside PTZ tab as individual option. Now comes as Linkage only.
Ok - yes there is a "smart events" area so i think were talking about the same thing! no idea what "linkage" means though!

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Predicatbly i had a go at setting it up (the way i think it should) and it's not tracking anything....i dont understand the concept of drawing a box say, the size of a person and plonking it somewhere on the screen....does the placement of that box mean that they have to passthrough that area for it to track or does it just go anywhere on screen as a reference size for the camera to follow?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is difference between auto tracking 1.0, 2.0, 3.0

Long before auto tracking 1.0 was working on tracking anything that comes or moves.
Auto tracking 2.0 came along that tracked human/vehicle only
And nowAuto tracking 3.0 tracks only when event is triggered. Something like intrussion detection,line crossing,...

When you set up an event, there is linkage settings of what will happen once event occured, you can tick smart tracking option there.

This is all assuming you do have autotracking 3.0.

Also make sure you VCA is set to smart events and not monitoring.

Cheers

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah - Im using the VCA smart events. Do you have to set up a linkage or is a linkage to something like "start recording" that kind of thing - essentially all im looking for is the camera to record anything it sees....?

"And nowAuto tracking 3.0 tracks only when event is triggered. Something like intrussion detection,line crossing,... "
Is this why im not seeing any tracking...in that ive set the min, max and scan area (but no trigger) - well im not sure at this point...

But many thanks for the reply - very helpful.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1706181975616.png

Make sure smart event is set and calibrated. Check logs if you are even triggering it.
If you do, it should start tracking

MIN/MAX areas are:
Everything smaller than MIN will be ignored(any human/vehicle) and everything bigger than MAX will be ignored(human/vehicle) So basicly you are setting boundaries for calibration.
You may have multiple intrussions and line crossings so you can have lets say Line crossing watching 50 m away with smaller min/max values and other line crossing that is set 10m away from camera with bigger min/max boxes. Human/vehicle size as you are aware gets smaller with distance. And you can calibrate camera according to that.

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok - see this is where i get lost...im on the newest firmware revision so ive not got the same view....ive watched videos on YT but everyone references your version...so i end up getting lost as mines all different...
Hik1.jpg

Hik2.jpg
Heres the other tab behind....

Last edited:

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"You may have multiple intrussions and line crossings so you can have lets say Line crossing watching 50 m away with smaller min/max values and other line crossing that is set 10m away from camera with bigger min/max boxes. Human/vehicle size as you are aware gets smaller with distance. And you can calibrate camera according to that. "

Ok - so - am i right in thinking that each preset for the camera view you set all of those values...which begs another question...if say a event is triggered (shudder to think i actually get it working) and the camera starts tracking and it tracks into another preset view it stops tracking?? i live in the middle of a straight road with a dead end so cars are going up and down all day...id like to be able to track and record them during the course of 24hrs...stuff has happened at the top of the road before and one of the reasons for this camera is its ability to zoom in at the top of the road (which is does really well!!)

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In that case you picked wrong PTZ, what id suggest is TandemVu, having 180° view fixed + PTZ all in one, where you could trigger lines when car pass on both sides and move ptz channel to certain presets.

The problem with smart events that they are not fixe don cordinated of PTZ aka x,y,z but on image view itself unlike privacy mask which is on cordinates.

Therefor What your camera cannot see it wont trigger.

This installation may be a problem. Because trigger does not really happen in instant, it has to go trough acusense algorithm of detecing if its human or vehicle, and vehicle passing in this view will be too fast for it.

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok- its not too much of a problem as i could use the camera for something else...so not the end of the world...! that being said (totally off the cuff question) - can this camera be used upside down and outside in the elements?

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just looking at the TandemVu now...thats a bit big....chose this one as it sits on the front of the house, on the corner and up under the eves.....no one notices it (which is what i like!) plus the other thing is the price is starting to creep up!.....back to my camera - im not seeing (like i see in the videos) when the tracking starts it kinda draws boxes round whatever its tracking....(not seen that yet...!) - but then thats probably me not getting anything tracking related right yet.

Another question is....what about if i literally set the tracking on the view right outside the house and set it to the highest sensitivity then anything that comes into view...it will follow?? (or am i asking too much of it!)

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Showing boxes or not is option you can enable/disable. usually called Dynamic analysis.

Yes Car should be in blue square upon detection, red if triggeting an event and another reactangle red with only edges will show tracking target.

First fix the detection, Check if the detection and triggering works, tracking wont work if first step is not done.

Only camera i have on new webUI are ANPR ones, so i cant really help cause dont have PTZ options on it. But Logic is the same for any firmware, itsjust that options are probably set elsewhere on UI

Another question is....what about if i literally set the tracking on the view right outside the house and set it to the highest sensitivity then anything that comes into view...it will follow?? (or am i asking too much of it!)
If you haveAuto tracking 3.0 , you cant do that :D Thats the downside

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK - thanks....i cant find that option but ive not looked that far through the menus (ill go and have a look now.)

Again, thanks...thanks for answering all my questions....i kinda tend to learn by doing 50 things wrong and then 1 getting it right (and it then sinking in)

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Showing boxes or not is option you can enable/disable. usually called Dynamic analysis.

Yes Car should be in blue square upon detection, red if triggeting an event and another reactangle red with only edges will show tracking target.

First fix the detection, Check if the detection and triggering works, tracking wont work if first step is not done.

Only camera i have on new webUI are ANPR ones, so i cant really help cause dont have PTZ options on it. But Logic is the same for any firmware, itsjust that options are probably set elsewhere on UI

If you haveAuto tracking 3.0 , you cant do that :D Thats the downside
Ah - ok - how do i know if ive got that then!!?? (you did mention 3.0 earlier)

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its nowhere specified in datasheet of device, its something that even us distributers rarely get information on. Its usually "internal" document with models and their algorithms, which we explicitly need to ask for in order to get information.

But i explained how you can tell which version it is in few posts above.

Theres nothing you can do to fail drasticly, if you believe you over changed or overset options, you can always factory and do again. If i get chance anytime soon to access new fw PTZ ill let you now here how its being set.

Cheers,

ComfySofa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Brilliant - that would be great! - its the one thing ive not been able to find - a walkthrough using my gui..! its been fine on the whole, crashed a couple of times and rebooted then it seems to have a habit (after its crashed and rebooted)of then loosing preset 2,3,4 and 5...weird...but then it is new firmware...

Oh in other unrelated news i didnt have a 256gb memory card so stuck a 400 in there expecting it either to error or, just give me the 256gb - but it did actually format the full 400gb...just incase anyone is interested...

Last edited: