Does anyone have a working Mini PTZ v.1?

udmkedr

n3wb
Reaction score
Help is needed. Respond, please.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
5 V1 over two years without major problems. SD card problems and overwritin g problems:yes. But over all still working. ( Two needed a replacement of the mainboard. Then ok) 1 V1 dead after a week.( Now spare part)
4 V2 more than one year and still working without trouble. But I dont know yet which one is the better one...if you do not want to switch to Dahua...:lmao:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5 V1 over two years without major problems. SD card problems and overwritin g problems:yes. But over all still working. ( Two needed a replacement of the mainboard. Then ok) 1 V1 dead after a week.( Now spare part)
4 V2 more than one year and still working without trouble. But I dont know yet which one is the better one...if you do not want to switch to Dahua...:lmao:
What is wrong with you? First you say you had no major problems and then you say you have to replace two main boards and one is completely dead? How are those not major problems... Three of your five cameras failed completely....wow... Thanks for confirming these cameras are seriously garbage...

udmkedr

n3wb
Reaction score
You can dump rootfs from the working v1 cam? I flashed the wrong firmware. Instruction how to do I have.

pitts15

n3wb
Reaction score
What is wrong with you? First you say you had no major problems and then you say you have to replace two main boards and one is completely dead? How are those not major problems... Three of your five cameras failed completely....wow... Thanks for confirming these cameras are seriously garbage...
:)
Flashing the wrong firmware is my problem not the camera:) One had an electrical issue and the other one I dont remember:) But you are right, they are garbage with a lot of minor problems. But there is no alternative for this price.

udmkedr

n3wb
Reaction score
I know how to do it.

Thanks, for the response, we will look for more "live" cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
:)
Flashing the wrong firmware is my problem not the camera:) One had an electrical issue and the other one I dont remember:) But you are right, they are garbage with a lot of minor problems. But there is no alternative for this price.
So two cameras failed, that is not minor...lots of great Alternatives that have much better mechanisms that will cost less than replacing parts and cameras with a camera fails it's useless..

udmkedr

n3wb
Reaction score
If this is exactly v.1, will you help me make an image of the rootfs from your camera?
I will send you the detailed manual in a private message. It is only necessary to connect the computer and the camera to the network.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My V1 is still working a year and a half later. Luckily, since the POE went out on the Dahua speed dome I just purchased this spring.

Not sure if you're able to have enough access to the cam to do this, but if so, I would highly recommend determining what exact hardware your unit has and making sure the donor's cam is a direct match. See this thread: How to (Mini PTZ V2) - find which sensor, and backup the system.

Note: Don't worry about the "V2" mentioned in the thread title as this same method works on V1 as well. Mine was a version 1 just like many others here, but doing this test I discovered that mine has an Aptina brand sensor where many others had a Sony brand sensor. It really seems these units were put together using random spare parts as opposed to a specific set of hardware pieces. May also explain why some ended up with inferior hardware that died within a few months while others have lasted 2+ years with no issues. Just an assumption....Either way, I would not assume 2 units are compatible just because they're the same "version" and would test for a direct match if at all possible.