Does BI allow you to use camera speaker to announce/talk?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm drawing a blank here remembering this.
I have 3-4 cameras (Ezviz, Hikvision) that has an app and I can use the app to "talk" through the speaker of the camera.
Does BI allow for that or is it only native through a camera's app?
I can't find a setting for this if it's in BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can do it with most cameras that support it.

Unfortunately, audio does not follow ONVIF protocol and this is mentioned in the BI help file:

The downside is that there is some functionality which is
camera-specific and/or camera-manufacturer-specific, such as the ability to “talk” or send
audio to the camera.

Further, you can only do that with the BI console or the paid BI app, not thru a remote connection or with UI3.

You can try the find/inspect and see if it finds it and works, but usually we have to play around with different settings to make it work.

List your model numbers and maybe someone has the same model and can share their settings.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to make it work on an Ezviz CS-CV200, if anyone has any suggestions or something that works.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What have you tried?
Well, I checked the app and see the mic icon but it doesn't seem to work. Other than that I scoured the BI Console settings and didn't see anything related to turning on a mic. Since I saw here that you can only use the mic via the BI app, I guess I'll try some other camera setups in BI console that are compatible with the CS-CV200 camera and see if any of them turn on the mic/speaker. Unless someone else has some ideas I haven't read about yet or haven't found google results for. I did check the manufacturer's website but there is only talk of using the mic via their Ezviz studio app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I checked the app and see the mic icon but it doesn't seem to work. Other than that I scoured the BI Console settings and didn't see anything related to turning on a mic. Since I saw here that you can only use the mic via the BI app, I guess I'll try some other camera setups in BI console that are compatible with the CS-CV200 camera and see if any of them turn on the mic/speaker. Unless someone else has some ideas I haven't read about yet or haven't found google results for. I did check the manufacturer's website but there is only talk of using the mic via their Ezviz studio app.
you dont turn it on, it works with specific cams. yes you need to try all the ezviz options as well as all hikvision options as ezviz is hik.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you dont turn it on, it works with specific cams. yes you need to try all the ezviz options as well as all hikvision options as ezviz is hik.
So basically try different cams until I possibly find one that is compatible and the mic button works, correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So basically try different cams until I possibly find one that is compatible and the mic button works, correct?
yes. if none of them work email support. my bet is hik 2cd-xxx will work.