Does BI have a visual audio timeline?

sone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Former Exacq user here and didn't realize until using BI how useful Exacqs audio timeline is where you can visually see spikes in audio throughout a recording.. I looked around in BI for something similar but may have missed it. Does BI have a visual audio timeline? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Former Exacq user here and didn't realize until using BI how useful Exacqs audio timeline is where you can visually see spikes in audio throughout a recording.. I looked around in BI for something similar but may have missed it. Does BI have a visual audio timeline? Thanks.
No, but you can trigger the camera using audio spikes which would yield a similar result.

sone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, I will look into that. Thanks.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, I will look into that. Thanks.
I emailed the developer (Ken) about that same thing late last year and think it would be a great feature, especially for gunshots or breaking glass that may not have accompanying video that would trigger. I’ve also found that, sometimes, the audio triggers can be unreliable for whatever reason.

If it’s a feature you want, you should email him. He’s very responsive and open to suggestions (in fact he made a change to the BI mobile app shortly I made a request).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a rough audio waveform sent along with the rest of the timeline data would be very helpful. I'd be willing to jam that into the timeline in UI3 too. But actually gathering and storing that data in an efficient manner seems like a relatively big undertaking for Blue Iris so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think a rough audio waveform sent along with the rest of the timeline data would be very helpful. I'd be willing to jam that into the timeline in UI3 too. But actually gathering and storing that data in an efficient manner seems like a relatively big undertaking for Blue Iris so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
Sometimes I don’t consider (out of ignorance) how a “simple” request on my end could actually be a major, complicated undertaking for the person who actually has to make it happen. I appreciate your input, @bp2008, along with all the work you do on UI3.

I won’t hold my breath on the visual audio timeline but will continue to hope!

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the update we’ve been waiting for!? Anyone know?
C92D28E1-35C5-4743-9F63-E7663F3F6D42.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, this is audio playback in multiview.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But this is a feature many of us wanted lol.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But this is a feature many of us wanted lol.
Sorry, one track mind :smash:

What’s that mean then- when viewing playback on multiple cameras you can select the audio stream you want from the timeline?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can pick one camera to play audio instead of all the cameras with audio playing at same time during multiview playback