Does the 4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight wedge have enough range of motion for this?

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think this camera might make a nice door+package camera, if it can be aimed in the right directions. Both cameras would be in landscape (wide) orientation with one aimed higher to capture people from the waist up and the other camera aimed down to see packages.

This is the approach to the front door:

2018-04-30 10.41.52.jpg

Here's my test rig from a previous run. The placement shown in the next picture is a little higher and to the left than shown here.

rig.jpg

Here's a shot from the varifocal starlight set to approximate the FOV of a 3.6mm fixed starlight.

Front door 3.6mm.jpg

The camera has to be angled pretty hard to the left from the camera's perspective since its on the same wall as the door. So if the dual camera is mounted with the domes side by side, do you think the dome closer to the door will interfere with the view of the one farther from the door? Or if I rotate the whole body 90 degrees so the cameras are mounted one above the other, can the actual cameras rotate far enough to the left for the desired coverage?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think this camera might make a nice door+package camera, if it can be aimed in the right directions. Both cameras would be in landscape (wide) orientation with one aimed higher to capture people from the waist up and the other camera aimed down to see packages.

This is the approach to the front door:

View attachment 30132

Here's my test rig from a previous run. The placement shown in the next picture is a little higher and to the left than shown here.

View attachment 30133

Here's a shot from the varifocal starlight set to approximate the FOV of a 3.6mm fixed starlight.

View attachment 30134

The camera has to be angled pretty hard to the left from the camera's perspective since its on the same wall as the door. So if the dual camera is mounted with the domes side by side, do you think the dome closer to the door will interfere with the view of the one farther from the door? Or if I rotate the whole body 90 degrees so the cameras are mounted one above the other, can the actual cameras rotate far enough to the left for the desired coverage?
If I understand what you're attempting correctly, I will take mine outside and give it a shot.
You looking at the 4-5' height for cam mount?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Is that with the domes side by side?
Hi Mr_D,

Both should provide significant adjustments of the lens(es) to get a good angle for a position by the door.

The wedge I have I am able to adjust it for someone walking straight on ( like in your approach ) OR have it pointed at the foot of the doorway for packages. The wedge really works very well by the front door about 5 feet high.

Naturally the dual lens version you can do both views at the same time, thus very nice if you only have one cat5e/6 coming to the camera.