Does the BlueIris mobile app "stay alive" when the screen is locked?

Reaction score
I am looking to use an old phone or tablet as a baby monitor (I have both Android and iOS devices available). The apps I've tried (ivms, tinycam) all stop when the screen is locked. I need the app to continue playing sound even when the screen is off -- having a bright screen in the bedroom at night will be super annoying and kill the device's battery.

Does anyone know if the BI app will work for me? Thanks!

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor PRO supports background audio and a lot of people use it for baby monitoring.

Go to app drawer (left slide menu) in live view and enable "Background audio". Then switch on audio in the app and leave the app by switching off screen or just pressing Home button. You should hear audio playing.

Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up -- tinyCam Monitor Pro is working fantastic! The UI is very nice and clean, the background audio is fantastic, and everything just seems to work. I tried IP Cam Viewer and the background audio mode was ... weird to say the least. What's worse is that when in that mode you could only watch the video and listen to the audio -- to use the two way audio or things like that required you to leave background audio mode. The UI was super clunky too... I'm very happy with tinyCam Pro -- The only thing left for me to do is test the two way audio.. I haven't had a chance yet since my daughter is in bed (and the cam is in her room!).

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@captain_jim1 - I'm looking to help my friends use their BI system (that I installed) for baby-monitoring duty. My idea was to find some old iPad Minis off eBay to use as monitors. What sort of stuff are you using, or contemplate using?