Does TinyCam Pro Android Change Display Settings?

Sequoia1321

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP3M-956W, and noticed that a couple times the display settings changed on it, for example, it went from 3MP to 720P without me changing anything. Amcrest support said sometimes 3rd party software might do that. Only other software I have is TinyCam Pro and IP Camera Viewer on Roku, which I don't think does anything to the display settings.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP3M-956W, and noticed that a couple times the display settings changed on it, for example, it went from 3MP to 720P without me changing anything. Amcrest support said sometimes 3rd party software might do that. Only other software I have is TinyCam Pro and IP Camera Viewer on Roku, which I don't think does anything to the display settings.
I cannot recall the exact circumstances but in the past I recall viewing a stream (main or sub I can't recall) on an Amcrest IP2M-841 with IE11 and then bringing up the same stream later in VLC with the correct 0 or 1 for the sub-type in the URL that the resolution of one of the streams (again, long time ago, can't recall which stream) would be changed and I'd have to log into cam and set it back (main to 1080 and sub at 720).

I paid little attention because I use Blue Iris. I updated the firmware a few months ago, it now works with Chrome and no plug-in and I just tried to replicate the effect I experienced above and was not able to. Maybe a firmware update will resolve it for you, if not the latest already.

Look at Amcrest firmware downloads here.

Sequoia1321

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot recall the exact circumstances but in the past I recall viewing a stream (main or sub I can't recall) on an Amcrest IP2M-841 with IE11 and then bringing up the same stream later in VLC with the correct 0 or 1 for the sub-type in the URL that the resolution of one of the streams (again, long time ago, can't recall which stream) would be changed and I'd have to log into cam and set it back (main to 1080 and sub at 720).

I paid little attention because I use Blue Iris. I updated the firmware a few months ago, it now works with Chrome and no plug-in and I just tried to replicate the effect I experienced above and was not able to. Maybe a firmware update will resolve it for you, if not the latest already.

Look at Amcrest firmware downloads here.
Thanks for the detailed info. It's important to know. I checked the firmware and it's the latest version.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your camera has ever been set up in Amcrest Cloud, then it can change the settings. If so, remove the camera from cloud and delete cloud account.

Sequoia1321

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If your camera has ever been set up in Amcrest Cloud, then it can change the settings. If so, remove the camera from cloud and delete cloud account.
My camera was on Amcrest Cloud, but then I reset it. Not sure what happened to the cloud account. You think it could be doing this still? Are you suggesting to not connect it back to the cloud account after removing and deleting the cloud account?

Sequoia1321

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, is there any reasonable possibility that TinyCam Pro could have done this? Does it even have the ability to do this?

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My camera was on Amcrest Cloud, but then I reset it. Not sure what happened to the cloud account. You think it could be doing this still? Are you suggesting to not connect it back to the cloud account after removing and deleting the cloud account?
Since you don't know your cloud account credentials or status, contact Amcrest Support and ask them to delete your camera and/or account in cloud, and leave it that way. That may fix your problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe its possible. The tinycam developer @alexvas could confirm.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam does not connect to Amcrest Cloud. No any credentials of Amcrest Cloud is stored in tinyCam app.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
If you use sub-stream in app drawer in tinyCam app, it will start using low res stream. But it does not change resolution on camera itself. It just requests that low res.