Dome cameras and dust on the glass that with IR make the image unclear

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having an issue with all my 7 hikvision dome cameras, there are mounted outside my house.
They are working just fine, but the glass of the dome is getting dust on it that, when with dark the infrared is on, il making the image very unclear. I can not see almost anything and I have to constantly clean the dome glass.
Since those camera are not very easy to access, do you have any suggestion that may help me on solve this issue?

Thanks

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having an issue with all my 7 hikvision dome cameras, there are mounted outside my house.
They are working just fine, but the glass of the dome is getting dust on it that, when with dark the infrared is on, il making the image very unclear. I can not see almost anything and I have to constantly clean the dome glass.
Since those camera are not very easy to access, do you have any suggestion that may help me on solve this issue?

Thanks
Post a snapshot; it may be "IR Reflection." Post a snapshot which shows the issue you are referring to.

voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hahahaha nice solution.
They are difficult to reach for clean, but if you want to move them with a beam (for a not dome one) it is not that difficult...
Anyway this is an example of what is the issue:
image1.PNG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why would it matter if they move the camera to look at something else? its not like it can see anything anyhow :p Most bullet cameras have set screws that you tighten when you have the FOV ligned up, cant bump it and change its view.. would have to use that beam to knock it right off the wall, just like your domes.

IR going through plastic (not glass) are susceptible to this and all sorts of reflections.. and the plastic will age with UV exposure and start to cloud up, and bugs will find that big glowing dome to be quite an attractive place to land..

Domes are for indoors.. Should have bought turrets for outside.. there is nothing really you can do about it other than manually keep em clean and dont make this mistake again next time.. unless you can disable/kill the onboard IR entirely and go with external illuminators.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like spider webs...solution, turret style camera or external ir. Most turrets have a set screw to lock it in place.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yikes.they get dusty every day? Mine tend to build up on dust every month.i have them standing level.easier to clean :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk