Dont beat me up for a dumb question

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK my first cam install was seamless. Now I have my cube camera connected to my Netgear router and I can see it as a wireless device just using a 120vac injector to a short Ethernet cable. I can see the image on the SADP tools and I have DHCP enabled. BlueIris does not see the second cam and I am not sure why. It would not see it as well when I had the cam plugged directly to the router getting it recognized either. I got the wifi working but Im sure I have made a rookie mistake.

My goal with the cube cam is to be able to unplug it and move from room to room as needed and have it connect and record according to the settings for it.

I also have 2 more external cams coming that will always be connected like my first one.

I get the feeling I need to change something with the ports perhaps but the DHCP takes care of the IP address but I have had to come back and change my first cam 10.0.0.xx after reboot/power off so in the configure of BI so I feel Im not quite doing this right. The BI online tutorials don't seem to cover this.

Don't go to hard on me cause its my first time setting this up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK my first cam install was seamless. Now I have my cube camera connected to my Netgear router and I can see it as a wireless device just using a 120vac injector to a short Ethernet cable. I can see the image on the SADP tools and I have DHCP enabled. BlueIris does not see the second cam and I am not sure why. It would not see it as well when I had the cam plugged directly to the router getting it recognized either. I got the wifi working but Im sure I have made a rookie mistake.

My goal with the cube cam is to be able to unplug it and move from room to room as needed and have it connect and record according to the settings for it.

I also have 2 more external cams coming that will always be connected like my first one.

I get the feeling I need to change something with the ports perhaps but the DHCP takes care of the IP address but I have had to come back and change my first cam 10.0.0.xx after reboot/power off so in the configure of BI so I feel Im not quite doing this right. The BI online tutorials don't seem to cover this.

Don't go to hard on me cause its my first time setting this up.
First things first, are you able to view the camera view your web browser?
Do you have the correct ip address entered in blue iris? what about the username and password. You need to ensure that the cameras IP address never changes, either by using your routers dhcp reservation or setting the camera to a static ip address (preferably just outside the routers dhcp range)

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no blue iris config for that one. That's the problem. BI only sees my first cam.

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm,,, using find inspect comes up with nothing.

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh man I didn't change the password on the config page. Doh. Thanks ever so much for the help. Now without trying Im sure if I unplug and move this cam I will have to redo the 10.0.0.xx last two digits again. Is there an easy way to slave this device to that address permanently? Hell my iphone reconnects everytime I leave the area with it. I would presue,, not ASSuME I can.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I explained the two methods above .. You iPhone does not connect with the same ip each time..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well a big thanks to fenderman. I have the ip reserved and I can plug the cam back in and don't have to reset the ip but I do have to close and restart BI to see the wifi cam again if I unplug it and move it to another area.

Is it possible to configure BI to see the cam and restart the stream of this cube cam automatically when plugged in without restarting?

How to geek showed an easy tutorial to reserve the ip for my netgear router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to configure BI to see the cam and restart the stream of this cube cam automatically when plugged in without restarting?
Yes. Camera properties>watchdog, lower the timeout period or "restart camera window after", or lower both...

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All is working well now. Thanks again. Just waiting on my 2 other external cams to arrive and mount.