Door checkers...

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We got more door checkers last night. It’s been a few weeks but they got at least 3 people last night. It’s so infuriating, even with full color you can’t identify them with masks and hoodies. It is such an injustice.I would consider confronting them, but it seems you’re more likely I’d be the one in trouble.... anyway here was the action last night. Sorry used screen recording on the iPhone so low quality and couldn’t rotate.

I guess when they’re not high out of their mind (my other vid) they actually do seem to care about the lights.

EDIT: exported the video for better quality

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you managed to convince your neighbors to also add a few cameras?

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The house to the left has cameras and capture them checking his doors, but he records his screen when he shares them. I can’t tell the quality of the images, but they seem more wide angled and just an overview. A handful of people on the forum suggest everyone get them and offer to help install them as well. It’s a blue collar neighborhood. I assume people just rather not bother with the hassle, invest, or just don’t know enough bmabout it. Half of not more have devices like the ring, nest, or adt cameras.

If anyone has advice on if I could capture better motion, please let me know and I’ll start tweaking. Right now it’s default on the zoomed in video (s949225t).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The house to the left has cameras and capture them checking his doors, but he records his screen when he shares them. I can’t tell the quality of the images, but they seem more wide angled and just an overview. A handful of people on the forum suggest everyone get them and offer to help install them as well. It’s a blue collar neighborhood. I assume people just rather not bother with the hassle, invest, or just don’t know enough bmabout it. Half of not more have devices like the ring, nest, or adt cameras.

If anyone has advice on if I could capture better motion, please let me know and I’ll start tweaking. Right now it’s default on the zoomed in video (s949225t).
More IR light, faster shutter speed, Noise Reduction set as low as you can stand it. Test, rinse repeat.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^
THIS

That front yard cam is fine for overview, but do you have one zoomed into the cars in the driveway?

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have a driveway can 5231 for the cars. Yea, the front years is purely to see what’s happening. The I have the sd49225t, which at night I zoom to the street to see cars and people walking. Cats mess look alright in the video but blurry in the stills.

I’ll mess with some of the settings and see if I get any improve the. The zoomed in cam has some ambient light from the driveway but as you can see, the only light in our neighborhood is Christmas lights and porch lights... and my house. When the motion lights come on it’s an extra 5 k lumens. But they have to be at the cars.