Doorbell camera spots armed suspected burglars at front door of Covina home

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
We have a locked screen door in front of the main door to the house. The "screen" is of a heavy duty material that would not stop a bullet but would slow it down some and maybe split it up. The screen door opens outwards from the house. So you can crack the door and see who is there if need be. I also have a security camera covering the front door.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I know this is showing prejudice, so I shouldn't say it, but my experience with folks who drive vehicles like that suggests that this could well have been attempted retaliation for a traffic incident (road rage).

The video does seem staged, though. The guy with the revolver goes out of his way to display it directly to the camera. Same for the crowbar, etc. And being in color, it isn't as if the camera was concealed and running in IR mode.

That, and the careful concealment of identity suggest that the actors knew they'd be on camera, and the video widely circulated.

Further, they leave without doing anything. Beats me.

Again, prejudice here, but I tend to mistrust all Ring captures because of their ever-present embedded advertising. Not that it isn't a good design/marketing idea, but it is somewhat obnoxious to me.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
We have a locked screen door in front of the main door to the house. The "screen" is of a heavy duty material that would not stop a bullet but would slow it down some and maybe split it up. The screen door opens outwards from the house. So you can crack the door and see who is there if need be. I also have a security camera covering the front door.
I think a remotely operable trap door on one's front porch would be even better! But as with any trap, you do have the problem of emptying it!

Perhaps the Doctor Evil pool full of ill-tempered sea bass below!

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this is showing prejudice, so I shouldn't say it, but my experience with folks who drive vehicles like that suggests that this could well have been attempted retaliation for a traffic incident (road rage).

The video does seem staged, though. The guy with the revolver goes out of his way to display it directly to the camera. Same for the crowbar, etc. And being in color, it isn't as if the camera was concealed and running in IR mode.

That, and the careful concealment of identity suggest that the actors knew they'd be on camera, and the video widely circulated.

Further, they leave without doing anything. Beats me.

Again, prejudice here, but I tend to mistrust all Ring captures because of their ever-present embedded advertising. Not that it isn't a good design/marketing idea, but it is somewhat obnoxious to me.
Anyone who drives a truck like that is bound to be a massive douche bag. FWIW, I found his yelp page.

Kevin Finley - CENTURY 21 Citrus Realty - San Dimas, CA

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
One would think that one's tongue might get raw after "hours", wouldn't one? ;)