DoorBell camera usage

How many times a month do you answer a door bell ring from your cell phone and talk to the person

Votes: 6 40.0%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%

• More than 5 less than 20

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • More than 20

• Do not own a door bell camera

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am interested in how many people actual use the cell phone to talk to people at their front door. If you own a door bell camera and never use your phone to talk to people why have the door bell camera.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am retired, have a front court yard With a gate and a beware of dog sign. No need for a door bell.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking at doorbell cameras now and considering setting up a cheap tablet dedicated to the respective app to act as a dedicated door monitor. I don't think I would use my phone much and my wife is afraid of apps (don't ask).

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would use almost 10 per month but most couriers just ring bell and dash out before I can even receive the ring. My doorbell was installed professionally and it is not positioned well. If someone crouches to put a parcel down, I can't even see that. I need to move it but worried about warranty and what not.

I also record my doorbell camera image (1mpx) continuously through my NVR.

For haloween I used the doorbell 30 times that night. :) When I ran out of sweets I didn't answer the bell and it rang another 21 times. Kids are going hungry! Hope they didn't die of starvation but my doorbell should not be blamed.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I only need to speak to people at the door when it is someone I know and I am not home. If someone rings that I don't want to speak with in person and I'm home, then I still don't want to talk with them on the phone...though I'll usually check the phone whenever the doorbell is rung (if I don't want to get up).

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 Nest Hello's that I use with BI and I don't have many people that ring my doorbell that I need to speak to, but it does happen occasionally. It is nice to look to see who is at the door or if a package has been dropped off though. Plus it gives a really good facial ID since it is at face level in addition to my cams that I have covering my front and back porches.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Nest Hello's that I use with BI and I don't have many people that ring my doorbell that I need to speak to, but it does happen occasionally. It is nice to look to see who is at the door or if a package has been dropped off though. Plus it gives a really good facial ID since it is at face level in addition to my cams that I have covering my front and back porches.
I was going to ask the question in a new thread until I saw your message. So I'm guessing it is possible to setup the Nest Hello doorbell footage to be recorded to a BlueIris PC? I plan on getting a Nest Hello doorbell but I don't want to pay the subscription service for video footage recording..

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting - didn't realise it used so much bandwidth!

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was going to ask the question in a new thread until I saw your message. So I'm guessing it is possible to setup the Nest Hello doorbell footage to be recorded to a BlueIris PC? I plan on getting a Nest Hello doorbell but I don't want to pay the subscription service for video footage recording..
Sure thing, here is a thread that goes over how to set it up:
Recording Nest cameras with Blue Iris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk