Double width driveway

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a double width driveway leading to a double garage, approximately 12m wide and 8 metres long.

Would you recommend 2 cameras, 1 to cover each car, or just 1 camera to cover both cars????

I have 2 security floodlights, 1 over each garage door, thus the driveway is very well lit at night.

Any thoughts, ideas or recommendations ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This really depends on what you are trying to accomplish and where each camera would be placed. One single 3.6mm camera mounted high would probably provide decent general coverage but would probably not produce evidentiary video.

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The height would be approx 10ft, and I am looking to get good evidentiary video.

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Basically, 6 months ago, I had 2 cars stolen off my driveway, so have had alarms fitted etc...but now want a good CCTV camera, both as deterrant, but also to use as evidence

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 3 cars in my driveway and I have 3 cameras covering them. I want good facial ID if anyone comes around messing with my cars.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Basically, 6 months ago, I had 2 cars stolen off my driveway, so have had alarms fitted etc...but now want a good CCTV camera, both as deterrant, but also to use as evidence
HI Omar,

You have a high threat issue there then - so I would definitely use more cameras

Thinking of 3, one on each side of your 2 car brick garage - and then one on the house or fence corner covering the approach to the parking locations.

Even with good light at night I would look at a Dahua OEM starlight and keep it running in color mode at night.

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200 will definitely do that then, as thats what I was leaning towards. I will probably add a couple more to cover a few more angles.

Thanks again