Down n dirty cam.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heck couldn't do it with an IP system from Costco either LOL.

Don't Fix what ain't broke LOL - that is an incredible image. Going faster will knock out some of the headlight bloom, but will then make crinkled, dirty, paper, and the new 3M plates harder to read.

Because of the new 3M plates, I have been testing how slow can I go and still get plates. I suspect that we will be seeing the recommendation of 1/2000 shutter dropping to 1/1000 or 1/750 for those in the 3M states.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've already dropped mine down to 1/1,000 and seem to be picking up 95%+ for each LPR separate, including the new plates that I've seen. Now, how much of that is due to the street lights, driveway lights etc.. I don't know.

However it seems the new thing around here is, obviously stolen plates, but also people putting their plates in the back/front window, nullifying any ability to grab the plate.

With that happening, I may need to concentrate on getting my one camera to color 24/7.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Welp...the gosh durn lens fogged up....on both 5231's, so I had to bring them in....They need new anti-moisture bags and....well what that other guy posted on how to fix them up....I bookmarked it I think....

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like Cha Cha Cha Chiya Pet :rofl:

I have my settings dialed in just right - overwhelming figures, pretty cool to see how many times I see particular vehicles passing by during the day :rofl:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.