Downgrade DS-2CD2385G1-I

mabnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been silly and upgraded my DS-2CD2385G1-I to 5.6.6, and now really want to downgrade, but the GUI won't let me.

How can I downgrade, and what version would I want to go to? Basically it's not streaming ONVIF to Homekit and I have a feeling 5.5.82 might be a better bet.

Any advice?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but the GUI won't let me.
Yes, the downgrade block can be annoying.
It applies to the 'minor versions'.

How can I downgrade, and what version would I want to go to?
If you've not used them, maybe one of the 5.6x versions here might restore the functionality :

And if the hardware version hasn't changed, as it has on some other series due to chip shortages, maybe this latest 5.6.x version at the bottom of the product page might fix the problem :

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you asked for any advice LOL....

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

So if you get this back to a firmware that works, don't touch it LOL. The manufacturers are starting to making it more difficult to flash an older firmware because in many instances they have stripped functionality away from the original camera.