to V3.4.90

will this work or fail? just via upload 3.4.90 Firmware

please let me know
thank you

Last edited:

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the nvr keeps restarting every 3 mins it won't stay alive unless i default the system

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope>

i just tried it with FS and it dose the same thing

i have to default the system :( and then readd the cameras

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but if the power goes out it will keep rebooting etc :( ALL THE POE ports are DEAD once it restarts

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is what happens

No POE ports come back alive :(

if i restart it there all come back alive but the NVR turns it self off after a few mins> and then NO Cameras come back at all :( then if i restart it there ALL COME BACK

the poe ports are all off :(

i'm going to remove a few cameras and see if that fixs it

Attachments

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WELL SOMETHING HAS BEEN FOUNDED :O
i think i found the problem>>>>>>>>

(1) of my 3 PTZ is making my NVR Fail :O with this update

now to fine the one that's doing it

i belive this is maybe something to do with >>>

1. [POE Configuration]

1. (1) IandKseriesPOENVRsupportsextendingPOEtransmissiondistancefrom100Mto250M

with cat5e cable or 300M with cat6 cable;

2. (2) ThecapacityofPOEportwillbechangedfrom100Mbpsfull-dupto10Mbpsfull-dupafter

switching to long-distance mode;

3. (3) UsercanconfigurePOElong-distanceworkingmodeinMenu-Camera-POEconfiguration,

the default status is OFF;

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.91 build161220/External_NVR_V3.4.91_build161220Release Notes.pdf

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now i'm going to await for awhile before pluging them back in
and reboot and restart etc

my PTZ are powered by the POE port of the NVR it self by a inline POE 12v 2 amp power supply

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i think it's working FINE now WITHOUT the 3 PTZ :) i think it shut's the NVR down. so i just restarted and the NVR and it's 100% fine it's still working fine at this time i keeping logs etc

but not beeping at all and if i restart my self no dead POE ports :) and no restarts so far :)

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just crashed again with the first ptz camera i had problems with this one before so thinking this is maybe it

it's the onvif one

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my first ptz seems like it's the problem but let's see
so when i plugged it in it restart like 1 min after and it kept rebooting after x mins

so i now plugged in ptz 2 without ptz 1 attached so far no restarts after plugged it in unlike ptz 1 will reboot my self and see how i go

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well so far 10mins after self reboot it's still showing :) ptz 2 is fine so far :)

i will test ptz 3 tomorrow am two cameras cover this side walk way just so ok with the 3rd ptz to be offline tonight

i have to replace ptz 1 asap or it could be the POE 40ish V to 12v failing cheap ones

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR has been alive since 23:10:52 it's now 10.24 am with 2nd PTZ Still online

about to add 3rd ptz and see how i go

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So self reboot NVR > NO Cameras come back alive > all NVR POE Ports are dead with PTZ Number 3 Attached will remove and see how i go >

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UM i think i found the bloody problem

so the 2 (PTZ 1 and PTZ 3) PTZ PoE Splitter Adapter Cable i think are the problem as the other 2nd PTZ Camera is a black one the other ones that are making the problem are white PoE Splitter Adapter Cable so must be Cheap Shit :( never did this before but i think Hik have a new safety protection :banghead:
i'm going to remove them and plug them via a short cat6 cable and see if it could be the cable i do i a have network tester and i will test all the cable again

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i did get an email from hik that it was the problem due to a new system hik has made that all cams on the poe port will only be supported via a new system> guy can't tell me much? but it's so there can detect problems with the lan cables etc and so when you plugin a new 305m lan cable the nvr can still support but after x meter it will kill all power etc which it could not work out how many meters my lan cable was due to the poe not made to support hik specs

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
update

found the problem the software of the PTZ Cameras Hik are getting smart :p

a few update's of the software and the camera's are working again and nvr is talking nice with them :)