Downloading files not working after upgrade - help

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ny DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS has been upgraded to last firmware V5.4.5 but now I can't take snapshot or download pics or videos. Is this a known failure in the firmware?

I have tried several folders and locations but nothing work as it did before.

Somebody recommended me to do a Default (Restore all parameters to default settings.)
Has anybody done this and had trouble with it? I ask because the help text give a warning:

Go to the camera restore interface, and click Restore or Default to restore the default settings. After restoring the default settings, the IP address is also restored to the default IP address, please be careful for this action.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fixed, I had to use a sd card or usb instead of a folder on my C:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a known failure in the firmware?
More likely the 'Virtual sandbox' protection feature of IE11.

Suggestion to try:
Add the camera IP address to 'Trusted Sites' in IE11
To confirm it's IE11 protection where it stores the files in a hidden, virtualised folder, try running IE11 'as administrator' (right-click the program icon).

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have troubled with the Virtual Store from win 7 up to now. Very hard to find files under user which instead saved under appdata // virtualstore. Is Sandbox the same or simular? A solution to fix / change this is new to me and I shall investigate it when I have spare time. Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
files under user which instead saved under appdata // virtualstore. Is Sandbox the same or simular?
Yes, the same thing, just different ways to describe it.
Mostly - adding the device IP address to 'Trusted Sites' can be a solution.
Beats crippling the whole IE11 security settings.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the same thing, just different ways to describe it.
Mostly - adding the device IP address to 'Trusted Sites' can be a solution.
Beats crippling the whole IE11 security settings.
Very rare Microsoft can't come up with either a better solution or warn everybody about this problem. First time I discovered this was from Legacy, a genealogy program which saved files under user and when I should move to another computer I couldn't find them. It took me days googling around.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
More likely the 'Virtual sandbox' protection feature of IE11.

Suggestion to try:
Add the camera IP address to 'Trusted Sites' in IE11
To confirm it's IE11 protection where it stores the files in a hidden, virtualised folder, try running IE11 'as administrator' (right-click the program icon).
I have struggled with this and other things, but now after several tries I got it. IE as administrator.

Alternatives for internet, Security, Local intranet, Avansert, Add, "ip of the camera", Save back, OK and out.

Thereafter every address is accepted. Very, very happy and GREAT THANKS to alastairstevenson.