Dramatic performance improvement after clean install!

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I experienced a dramatic performance improvement after performing a clean install. I’ve been running BI for over a year and have kept on current versions. After seeing the comment below in “What’s New” I decided to do a new install and start fresh with all my camera configurations and wow, what an improvement, went from 65% CPU to 26%. I didn't keep my old camera configurations so I'm not exactly sure what caused the improvement. If I were to do it over again I'd rename and disable the old camera configurations and leave them there so I could compare them to the current configurations.

What’s new comment;
“Following an ONVIF find/inspect operation, the "events subscription" was always enabled if the camera reported support for this. However this needlessly used network bandwidth if it was not required (in conjunction with camera triggering for example). The default is now OFF.”

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did some more research and found some of my old setting; Two differences I found so far were; Intel Hardware acceleration is selected now and wasn't before and on the camera video page "also BVR" was checked on some cameras and is now unchecked.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 5.44.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 5.45.20 PM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did some more research and found some of my old setting; Two differences I found so far were; Intel Hardware acceleration is selected now and wasn't before and on the camera video page "also BVR" was checked on some cameras and is now unchecked.

View attachment 22927

View attachment 22926
if HA was not enabled that would explain a dramatic drop...a clean install is always best....if you have many cameras or use high bitrates, try using HA without vpp and see if its better...