Dropping Frames after motion

Bouchard

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 12 cameras on my system and I am missing footage when play back. I see a car stop and someone getting out then the next frame the car has move about 30 feet. On other cameras I see a person next to the garage door and it is closed, but then I see the garage door all the way open and the person is in the frame anymore. I am just missing allot of things that it should be picking up when the Motion is triggered be the clip stops it is all the stuff between the start and end of the clip.
What i have:

12 Camera running 15fps on the cameras
BI set for 15fps
i7 - 6700 CPU 3.40GHz
Ram 16gb
64bit OS
Windows 10 pro
C:\new store 500gb with 200gb free
E:\backupstore 4TB with 1TB free

GIG network
cable run 5e
GIG POE switch

Current BI CPU steady at 56-60% 2.70g ram used

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 12 cameras on my system and I am missing footage when play back. I see a car stop and someone getting out then the next frame the car has move about 30 feet. On other cameras I see a person next to the garage door and it is closed, but then I see the garage door all the way open and the person is in the frame anymore. I am just missing allot of things that it should be picking up when the Motion is triggered be the clip stops it is all the stuff between the start and end of the clip.
What i have:

12 Camera running 15fps on the cameras
BI set for 15fps
i7 - 6700 CPU 3.40GHz
Ram 16gb
64bit OS
Windows 10 pro
C:\new store 500gb with 200gb free
E:\backupstore 4TB with 1TB free

GIG network
cable run 5e
GIG POE switch

Current BI CPU steady at 56-60% 2.70g ram used
If you are trying to use BI motion detection, uncheck get events with pull point subscription...
you biggest problem is your make time, 4 seconds is way too high....set it to less than a second, 0.7 or .8....
in the trigger tab, set BREAK time to at least 30 seconds.

Bouchard

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, when I get back to the office I will try your suggestions

Bouchard

n3wb
Reaction score
I just finished setting those recommended setting now I will have to test to see if I am missing any frames. I will going to my clients site this weekend to test will report back once tested. Thank you for your help. On a side note how many cameras do you think BI will handle know my configuration?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just finished setting those recommended setting now I will have to test to see if I am missing any frames. I will going to my clients site this weekend to test will report back once tested. Thank you for your help. On a side note how many cameras do you think BI will handle know my configuration?
BI doesnt care about the number of cameras...it cares about the total resolution of cameras and fps...
your cpu consumption should be lower given the 48mp ( I am assuming all cameras are 4mp) and your processor...see the wiki on properly configuring BI..