DS-2CD032 IR filter defective?

xamoel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm the proud owner of a few Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP cams, with all of them functioning perfectly well with my Synology Diskstation using the Surveillance Station.

Having installed them recently, I noticed that one of them produces a bad image at night, during the day it's perfectly clear.
As all cameras have the same settings, I suspect something might be wrong with the IR cut filter (if that's the correct word).

I attached the images, have any of you any idea what could be the problem? If it's hardware I guess I'd have to send it back to my Aliexpress seller...

Thank you!

Attachments

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is not defective, that is just a really dark area with what looks like no lighting. What you are seeing is IR light bleed causing the glass to reflect some of the IR light into the lens. You can add light and disable IR, or get a separate IR light and disable what is built into the camera. The separate IR light would be the best solution most likely.

The other fix would be to use the Hikvision turret cameras, if you look at those you will see the IR light is separated form the lens, to keep this issue from coming up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Like razer says its IR reflection..
To clarify you are using a 2032 bullet? or a 2132 dome? We usually see the reflection in the domes...
Regardless, make sure there is nothing directly above the bullet that may be reflecting the IR light...if there is nothing above the bullet, try moving the camera to the right and getting less of that wall in the picture, the white wall reflects a lot of IR light.

xamoel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick replies, it's a 2032 bullet.

I'm just wondering, because my other bullets, also in a very dark area, don't show this kind of corona (bright circle), and they are the same model.
I will post pictures of the others later.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you go out at night and move the camera it will go away instantly..

xamoel

n3wb
Reaction score
You mean change its position? Will do, I just really like the angle I found :D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean change its position? Will do, I just really like the angle I found :D
Yes, change the position, you may only need to nudge it a bit..thats why I recommend doing it at night so you can see the change in real time..

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Open it up, (leave it to air for an hour or two) stick a Silica Gel packet inside, and then close it back up. I think there is some humidity in there, that looks too much to be IR bleed. I've had that problem before.

Cheers,

Del Boy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, so I'll still have to try to readjust it, correct?
yes, simply aim it away from the wall and down and see if the fog changes...then you will know for sure...